iPad 2018 Bad Performance

Hello,

My game just crashed on final at LAX after a 17+ hour flight. Very frustrating. I’m aware that a flight of that length is pushing the limits of the device but nonetheless my iPad is less than a year old and has plenty of available storage. I was running on low graphics, limit frame rate on, anti aliasing off, and low brightness. There were only a few other planes around me, and my airplane count was on low. What do you guys recommend I do? Has anyone else been experiencing issues with this device?

Did you have any 3rd party apps running?

It happens to me too… I suggest you to pm a mod for this.

Yes, IFA and IF Ops, could that be contributing to the problem?

1 Like

Very much so… Especially on an ultra long haul… I can d 40+ hour flights on medium settings on my Ipad mini 5. No third party app let alone two:)

2 Likes

So maybe my solution would be only using third party apps on short flights?

1 Like

Describe the crash more. When you came back to your device, what did you see?

Yup. I have both of those apps on my S8 but never use them but I do some 20hr flights without problems. Tbh being the galaxy lover that I am I’d say your problem is that it’s an Apple device but I’ll leave that fir another day. R.I.P your flight

1 Like

I had been monitoring my device for hours since I woke up. I descended, and made an approach, at about 2000ft and hand flying, the app quit and sent me to my iPad home screen.

2 Likes

Why were you running at such low settings? Had you been experiencing issues prior?

I was just trying to reduce the risk of an app crash. I have had app crashes similar to this before

Was this LAX on the training server or the expert server? Did you ever need to contact ATC?

Expert server, no ATC.

I think in the “investigation” we have here we shouldn’t discredit the possibility of a one off incident frustrating as it might be. Have you had any thing like this prior?

Yes I have had this before

Try a long flight again, this time without the 3rd party add-ins and see if you get it again. Be sure to reboot your device ahead of time.

Yep, I just saw this, took me too long to type… 😂

1 Like

Ok, I’ll come back to this topic later thanks for the help everyone!

1 Like

there is no specific reason for that it can happen completely randomly. I use an I pad pro (2019) and even I can tend to get a freeze followed by a game crash from time to time (very rare though).

Theres not much u can do about it, u can only make better chances of it not happening by:

• using low graphics (+ long haul mode)
  • turn down brightness
  • close all other apps
  • keep free storage
1 Like

I’ve had issues with the same device. Things to do.

• Reboot device(as @Chris_S says)
  • Keep enough free storage
  • Reinstall Infinite Flight
  • Close other unnecessary apps leaving only the 3rd party apps functional in the background.
  • The device runs well with high settings though you may turn off anti-aliasing to get the best performance

I hope that the following steps would be of use to you.

All the best,
Kiz

1 Like