iOS to android

I’m considering getting a new android tablet but my infinite flight is all on iOS , will my login etc be all the same or will I have to purchase everything again?

1 Like

Your log in will be the same as its not related to the app store. However you will have to purchase the IF app again.

3 Likes

Please make sure these criteria is addressed accordingly

1.Same Google/Facebook account is used in the process

2.You hold/download/own a legal copy of IF

2 Likes

See above.
You do need to purchase the app again on Android though. Your subscription to IF Live stays - same login, as mentioned.

Enjoy the new tablet - which one did you get by the way?

1 Like

I hope you enjoy your Android although I recommend you get a new iPad or iPad Pro.

1 Like

Thinking about the Samsung galaxy tab A 10.5 … what would you recommend?

Is there a reason you are moving to android? What is your goal with the tablet? Is it just for IF or is it for other uses as well.

I know there are others with the Tab A 10.5 who I hope chime in.

1 Like

Thanks, but Do you mind if I why you recommend I should get a new iPad or iPad Pro?

1 Like

I wouldn’t recommend that tablet at all… You’re going to be using a Snapdragon 450 processor, which is the lowest spec processor on offer. Plus the device has very limited graphical capabilities…

Did you have a particular set budget?

3 Likes

I would personally recommend the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 or S4 for the best experience with Infinite Flight.

1 Like

What iOS device do you use now?

The iPad will be good if you just want to use a device for IF. It is $329 for 32GB and can run IF like a dream. It is also really good for surfing and taking notes (you can get the Apple Pencil for $99)

If you are looking for something more prenium the go with the iPad Pro. It rocks an All-Screen Liquid Retina and starts at $749 for 64GB. You will want to get this only if you don’t have a budget or if you want a really powerful portable device to use for many purposes.

Anyhow, DO NOT get an Android. Just stick with better and more powerful iOS with the software you are used to. No point buying the app again anyhow.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Out of curiosity, why do you say this?

Also known as your standard LCD panel 😉

2 Likes

Because I am an apple fan! Anyhow let’s get back on topic

Sure, but the OP is looking at an Android tablet. We are very much on topic, this is what a healthy discussion should be :)
I recently switched to Android and bought the app again.

@Adam_Jacob I would also look at the Huawei MediaPad M5 8" or 10"/10" (Pro) tablets (they have the HiSilicon Kirin 960 chip) if you don’t mind Huawei’s EMUI Android skin. You could expect better performance than the Tab S3, but not as good as the Tab S4.

By the way the “Pro” version of the MediaPad M5 comes with a stylus.

Otherwise, if you are looking at a lower price point the Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 (with Snapdragon 660) is worth a look as it would have a fairly large performance bump over the Snapdragon 450 powered Tab A you were looking at.

2 Likes

I have a Tab S3 and it is a paperweight. Do not purchase this device for IF. I switched to iOS because of it. Levet and Chris S have seen my device in person using IF. I’m sure they’d back me up on this…it’s performance is poor.

2 Likes

Ok then, the Snapdragon 820 must not have good performance. I own a Snapdragon 835 powered device and it runs IF well so the Tab S4 is worth a look.

I don’t think it’s the processor as much as it is Samsung. Bought the device new in June, after 5 months of trying to figure out what was going on I gave up and gave in to iOS.

2 Likes

Another Android suggestion is the Pixel Tab C?

1 Like

The OP actually asked me why should they get an iPad

1 Like