iOS Screen Recorder Issues

First things first I don’t know if this is the right category. I assume this is the correct category because it’s related to taking a video of Infinite Flight.

Ok now onto the issue I will try to keep it short. Recently I decided to restart my old YouTube channel where I would do flights on Infinite Flight. I would use the iOS screen recorder to capture my take off and landing. However when I attempted this recently I encountered a minor issue. When I watched the videos back they appeared to have recorded at potato frames. The simulator was at 60fps most of the flight however the video was slow and jumpy.

Does anyone who has experience in recording Infinite Flight have a solution for this? Is it possible to screen record at 60fps?

Thanks in advance!

The right category would probs be #support. That way you can credit the person who fixed your issue.

And I am guessing the issue is with your device not IF.

I have screen recorded infinite flight before and I’ve had no problems. By the way, as mentioned above, the correct category is #support 🙂

2 Likes

There isn’t really a right category since this is an IF forum and not apple support.

2 Likes

I put it on here as I know some people on the community record their flights.

1 Like

I have moved it to support.

1 Like

You might want to bring this to an Apple rep.

1 Like

Try turning on the fps limiter and maybe it’ll ease the stress on the cpu. Do you restart your device before starting a flight?

No i don’t, would this help? My device is the iPad Pro that was released this year.

1 Like

I only put it here as I know some people on the community have experience recording their screen for Infinite flight.

It could help. Another option is to turn the graphics down slightly to medium/high (I presume you’re running it on the max settings).

Yeah I run it on the max settings as I presumed the iPad Pro could cope. I will try restarting my device before my next flight.

1 Like

Folks, if his simulator is running at 60 FPS but his recording software isn’t recording it at 60 FPS, there’s no point telling him to lower the graphics because it’s an issue with the screen recorder and not IF.

1. Can you try recording your home screen and seeing if the recording is still choppy? Try moving into different apps (Safari, Mail… etc).
  2. How long is your IF recording?
1 Like

I tried recording other apps and it was 60fps. The recording was about 10 minutes long. is that too long?

I don’t think so, I’ve recorded some things which were longer than 10 minutes without issues. I was just wondering if it was something ridiculous like 12 hours after which is a screen recorded may malfunction. Another issue I can potentially see is that with Frame Limiter OFF, IF runs at 60fps and not 30fps. Considering that the screen recorder only records at 30fps, can you turn “Limit Frame Rate” to ON to see if that helps?

2 Likes

I will go give that a try now. Is that how you record Infinite Flight?

Yes, I have an iPad Pro 10,5 (2018) and I never set “Limit Frame Rate” to OFF. I always have it ON to preserve battery life.

1 Like

Ok thanks it appears to be working better now. Does anyone know any way of recording at 60fps though as I’ve seen it done on YouTube. Is there any software available to get a better recording than the standard iOS version? If there isn’t I think this can be closed. Thanks again.

1 Like

Have a look at this tutorial. Bare in mind I haven’t tried it, and I do not know if it works; do it at your own risk. Glad I could help, take care!

1 Like