IOS app keeps quitting

@The_Wolf Turns out flying west has issues as well. Was flying fine for 9hrs 35mns before the app also exited. I don’t understand what the problem is!

1 Like

The flight I was doing from VVTS - LFPG was with another user and they reported that the game exited for them also. Yet what is even more interesting is the fact that both of our flights exited in the very same minute…

This definitely suggests a problem with the app itself rather than the IOS platform. Wouldn’t you say?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be concerned about the time itself as the night and daytime are different, though the actual flight time is the same. What does this mean? Technically, both of the flights quit at the (roughly) exact same location, right?

1 Like

Correct, almost the exact same location.

The total flight time is estimated to be 12hrs 10mns and every time I tried flying it the other way round it exited after almost 3 hours. I’m sure you don’t need me to tell you that 9 + 3 = 12 but I’m thinking that maybe it’s a certain waypoint or problem with the actual point on the map.

1 Like

Since I’ve started to investigate this, slowly, but surely we had to rule out different things by excessive testing to finally reduce the possible causes behind this.
First, obviously OS related things. We started with iOS version 12.1.2 which has been reported having this problem, which seemed to be fixed by installing 12.1.3, but as it came back with you on 12.1.4, we can rule out the OS itself. Same for android. It seems the security patch date has nothing to do with this. I though it does. Sad story… 😂

17.5 hours flight doing the Liveflight logo, no issues. I’ve done Stansted-Toronto and back, 6.5 hours each, again, no issues. 5 hours 45 mins for the Valentines Day flight, same result, no issues.
More likely had no issues because none of these flights crossing that segment of the map. (though I’ve had my first Liveflight logo attempt quit before reaching 3 hours).

Thanks to your and all the others’ help it is likely to be either a fix, a nav point or a segment of the scenery that does this. Or just a coordinate.
We just need to find out the exact location.
This is still just theorising what could be the issue and would be still to early to come to any conclusions, but slowly we are getting there!

Where do I need to start to get the 3 hours quiting using the same flight waht you did?

1 Like

Start off at LFPG (I used both the 777-300ER and the 787-10 Air France Livery - doubt this matters).

Here’s the flightplan:

LFPG MMD VAVOT FIR63 LIMGO PITES OBIGA RUDUS FFM BOMBI ESATI LOHRE OSBIT RASPU KOMIB SULUS LONLI KULOK ABERU OKG DONAD DOPOV BALTU RAK OKL OKL LETNA BEKVI PEMUR DOBIL VAMBO RIBSI SOPAV PADKA LAVPI NOMIX USALO SKAVI XEVBA MOKMU GEVNA LUXAR NATIX ATKEK VAREN DIBED ADBAN PEPIL BABIS PEVOT RANOM LAPVA KEDUB BRP GOTAP LULAP RS OKSAR SUTOR KHR KUBOK RASAP GIKEK KELUB EREPI BUTRI INBAL ST WGD SL LIDUS 4700N04800E 4700N04900E 4700N05000E TUGLA ATR GOGDI LEPSI RIKRI PEMOL TISRA ABDUN SANUR NKZ AGMUR BUDET KZO KZO GITIM GIMRI KUDUG GENDI VAGRI RUSEK SMK ADESA TULGA RODKI ABDOK SA DIKRI AN OGODA OU KHG ANKIV SCH 3700N07800E 3600N07900E 3500N08000E 3300N08200E 3200N08300E 3100N08400E 3000N08500E 2900N08600E NONIM 2700N08800E BBD OPIMO DUKUM GGT VENUM 2400N09300E ANSOS KL MIA MIA MDY SISUK MACHI CMA UTTAR CMP CMP ROT GRASO PASAT PEKBA BIDEM SRE SATON PNH PNH POPET VVTS

If you want to use them, here were my flight details:

Cruise: FL370/350 (two flights) @M.86

1 Like

So, I have updated my this afternoon and it now has the January 2019 Google Security Patch.

Guess what?

4 hours and 21 minutes into the LFPG-VTTS flight. No issues. I have overflown the area which I thought could be behind the issue. I’ve also made sure that LiveFlight shows it as a proper flight with departure and arrival displayed, instead of showing Flying VFR.

I feel I’m back to square one! :D

So, what I know so far (based on reports and own experience):

iOS users

• 12.1.1, no issues. (tried myself)
  • 12.1.2, reported issues.
  • 12.1.3, no issues.
  • 12.1.4, reported issues.

Android users

• pre-December 2018 security patch, no issues (tried myself)
  • December 2018 security patch, reported issues (tried myself)
  • January 2019 security patch, so far no issues. (tried myself)

I will continue with further tests. I will do the EGLL-YSSY flight again tomorrow.

By the way, what device are you using? :D

1 Like

I am using the IPad 2018 generation.

1 Like

What graphics settings are you running it on? (Including AA + limit frame rate)

2 Likes

First time happened to me today, it shut down 3, 4 times without any other apps running in the background. IPad Pro 2018, 256gb, plenty of space left in it.

Sorry for the delayed response! These are the settings I’m currently using. Have tried with anti-alliasing off and have always had limit frame rate off. Also tried reducing plane count. Am currently just starting a long haul, I’ll let you know in the morning how it goes and whether I exit or not.

1 Like

Could be the case that these settings are too much for a long haul, especially the AA. But this is just my opinion. Whole you are asleep, quality could be reduced to the minimum as you won’t look at it continuously throughout the whole flight. But let’s just wait what Sebastian might segguest. AA is definitely unnecessary for long hauls…

Right. So I’m pretty certain it was a waypoint problem for me before due to the fact that I’ve done multiple flights since and had no problem, both long and short haul.

1 Like

I don’t deal with this issue often maybe once every 5 months, but the solution i came to adopt is to restart my ipad if I plan to do a long haul. The only problem i deal with is being disconnected from the live servers (not often anymore, but it happened 3 times already)

My current device is
Ipad Pro 10.5
512gb (way too much space, but useful later)

Settings are maxed with low power mode, at the same time I have true tone off and brightness half to prevent any overheating

i faced the same problem when i was controlling ATC on the training server but now it has stabilized for me by just restarting the app again and restarting my device.

I was flying an a319 from La Paz to Bogotá and when I was entering final for RWY 13R, it crashed again. Please some help! It is really frustrating and disencouraging as a pilot for this to happen. Just lost 3 hours and 20 minutes of my life thanks to this app!!!

Were you using add-on apps or was it IF only? I know it has been asked before but since its 10 days later thought to ask again.

1 Like

I was using IF Operations and IF assistant

Also, as for “quitting”, do you mean, an app crash?

Edit: Yes it is. Never mind.
;)

Make sure you have enough of your storage on your device. I have a problem that when my 16Gb iPad Air 1 runs out of storage, ( because of aircrafts downloading automatically) it freezes quite a lot of time forcing my app to crash. Minimum I need up to 3Gb free which makes me install and reinstall IF before any flight. This is just a little hint. I don’t have any ideas regards of any 3rd party/ add on apps, since I never use them.