iOS 9.3 speech changed

After updating my iPad Pro to iOS 9.3 I noticed that the speech has changed.
“Shiphol Unicom” now sounds like “Shiffle Unicum”.
Why would ‘unicom’ also suddenly be hard to pronounce?
“Kilo” sounds more like “killo”.
I only hear Siri in IF so I haven’t heard much yet.
This will take some getting used to.
Has anyone else heard ‘strange’ things?
Would be a shame if this update by Apple would be a step back instead of forward in terms of speech.

Also “Foxtrot” now sounds like “Foxtrut” and “Qantas” like “Qanchas”. It sounds really weird.

6 Likes

Yeah Android now says “rogger” instead of “roger” and other weird things with airport names.

2 Likes

This isn’t a problem with Infinite Flight, the voices are given by Siri for iOS. Looks like Apple changed Siri’s voice…

4 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I just updated. The voice is no different on regular siri use. But on IF, it’s very different.

1 Like

Isn’t that strange? It’s supposed to be the same speech engine, right?

1 Like

Android says One Two Three Point Nineōr

1 Like

I suggest you use UK english…it is still roger but US is rogger

Unicum… I’m dying 😂😂😂 I wish that you could change it to a guy, because it sounds much better on the actual phone

8 Likes

I’ve changed my language before to try and see the difference and it wouldn’t change voice. Mine is British Female but I haven’t checked for differences yet

“you will call my base” = “you will come my base”

6 Likes

I noticed this as well-- “SoCal Approach” is “Soak-ull” – caught me off guard when I first heard it on LIVE. Seems like it’s a coding issue that IF developers could fix with a voice patch from the previous edition prior to 9.3. If only Steve Jobs could come back to life and fix many of Apple’s prevailing issues.

Also I’m hearing Paushback like the u is pronounced differently

Not really a change guys! It’s been like this all the time! But when you use ATC, MTOW voices changes and remains that way!!! It’s a bug :) So now it only has the original

UK and US do sound different though a little but the difference i believe is quite noticable

1 Like

Could it be this?

I haven’t tried the different versions of the English language.
I just noticed the differences in pronunciation of English pre and post the iOS 9.3 update.

Also “Foxtrot” now sounds like “Foxtrut” and “Qantas” like “Qanchas”. It sounds really weird.