iOS 13 PS4 Controller Support

When the ios 13 comes we will be able to play with the ps4 controller . Excited 😍😍

How is IOS and PS4 related
And I don’t think it would because it would be quite hard to control everything, especially in busy areas

I think the only aircraft that should be controlled with PS4 controllers are those in GTA. Far too complicated in IF.

2 Likes

So even though this iOS being compatible with a PS4 controller (again I don’t know how) it would be way too hard if you tried controlling in IF

Have a read of this.

It says this.

Game Controllers

PlayStation 4 controller support

Use your PlayStation 4 game controller with iPad.

Xbox Wireless Controller with Bluetooth

Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller with Bluetooth to iPad.

1 Like

You can fly with a PS4 controller? That’s interesting 😂

1 Like

Yes but trying to control in IF would be too difficult and too complex

1 Like

Practice makes perfect

4 Likes

Well all I can say is good luck…

1 Like

Pretty sure you’ve been able to use them awhile, i read something @Cameron said, saying controllers are supported in the code. You just have to get a PC or Mac to recognize it.
You’ve been able to use controllers for awhile as far as i read anyways of people using controllers in 2018… So

1 Like

Probably need some gooooooood practice to try and do this

So @Capt_Mazen if you do try this I wish you good luck

2 Likes

There are only so many functions that can be bound to a ps4 controller compared to a traditional joystick/throttle quadrant. I use the Hotas X setup and it barely covers all the inputs I need, not including ATC.

My main question is that if you were to use a PS4 controller for IF, what would you bind the throttle to? IF doesn’t allow you to bind 2 separate input surfaces for one function (e.g. you couldn’t bind both Right Trigger and Left Trigger to the throttle input, you could only bind one)

3 Likes

You can fly with the PS4 controller but there is limited buttons and it doesn’t work well unless you put time into selecting the right axis and buttons. It a very complex such very simple setup

1 Like

i sometimes try out flying with the controler and its challenging ngl, but as mentioned you dont have enough buttons, and have to still do a gew things by touch and its kinda laggy

1 Like

Actually they said ps4 controller support for any device that means iphone too

Thank You :)

I think it’s still probably going to be easier without a controller

2 Likes

But I think it’s more realistic like holding a handstick but with another form

And same way to hold a yoke :)

Or you could just get a yoke instead