Please be advised that some users may find the timeline shocking. No footage is included as it is pretty graphic.
Minutes ago Russia’s investigative commitie published a press release announcing the end of investigation on last year’s SSJ100 crash at Sheremetevo. It concluded that the only one to blame here was the captain of the plane, with his words about plane being uncontrollable disproven.
Timeline with (now officially confirmed) information:
- A lightning hits the plane, captain descides to return to the airport
- Instead of burning fuel, captain descides to land immediatly, even though situation onboard isn’t dangerous
- As at the time it was just a radio and autopilot falure, so no emergency services were awaiting the plane
As the plane is overweight, it comes at a bigger speed
- Captain acknowledges landing clearance, everything seems alright
- The plane starts bouncing, but instead of going around, the captain only increases the bouncing
- Left main gear breaks and slams into the fuel tank in the wing
Plane catches fire
- At the time plane has stopped, the back is already in flames from the burning fuel.
- All emergency services are sent to the plane, but because of it’s size it takes them prescious minutes to get to the plane