Introducing "Planes & Coffee"

#“Planes & Coffee”: The Infinite Flight Social Event

“Planes & Coffee” is a new event series focused on general aviation. Based on the premise of the “Cars and Coffee” car meets, this series will bring together Infinite Flight and aviation enthusiasts, where we’ll meet to share our passion of aviation by flying around and chatting in the “Planes & Coffee thread.” Feel free to discuss the event, aviation, your day, or simply post a picture of your coffee! This event will merge our passion of flying with the social aspects of the forum to bring you a true and genuine “plane meet” experience.

There will be a group flight around the region (and world with global ;) ). Following the flight, we’ll land for a group photo, and in between we’ll engage in discussion about anything related to aviation. The main requirement to attend is that you fly a general aviation aircraft. Type and livery does not matter! Diversity would be nice for a GA plane meet!

Planes & Coffee will be a bi-weekly event, with regions alternating with each event. P&C chats will be held in the events thread and a designated discord server.

Please remember to treat everyone with respect and obey expert server rules. Anyone caught misbehaving will be removed form P&C chat. Let’s make this an amazing experience for everyone!

As this event series is still a test, the parameters are subject to change.

#Next Event: Sunday June 18th in San Fransisco!

If you have any questions about the event series, or if you’re still unsure what it is about, feel free to ask your questions below!

I’d love to give @jasonrosewell credit and many thanks for the wonderful graphic he provided me, as my photo editing skills can’t even compare to his work! (Flight Cast and Jason are not affiliated with the event, Jason graciously offered to help me with the graphic.)

I’d also like to give @DeerCrusher and @NetJets_Nick a shout out for helping me organize and plan the event series! :)

29 Likes

Finally, some GA love!!! I will definitely be turning up here in my trusty SR22

11 Likes

Lemme guess: you got your inspiration from Cars & Coffee 😂 Anyway this seems like a nice idea, the logo graphic Jason made looks amazing and the idea sounds amazing.

5 Likes

I know, I corrected my post as I saw 🙂

2 Likes

How’d you guess!?
This series will be great, nice to deviate from the trash haulers for a bit

4 Likes

lel I didn’t read the full post before posting my reply. Probably should’ve. Anyway, I’m a massive fan of cars and coffee so I’ll definitely be attending.

4 Likes

More specifically, this Cars & Coffee gave me the inspiration:

;)

3 Likes

I’m actually going to a cars n coffee this Saturday hahaha. Maybe I will make an appearance at this :)

5 Likes

This looks like a really interesting idea. Look forward to the details, hopefully will be ab;e to attend.

3 Likes

A question, will it be at midnight for Aussies? Most events it is around 9pm to 3am AEST time

5 Likes

You finally did it. I’ll join any event.

5 Likes

I’m still trying to figure out the timing. Instead of having a fixed time for each event, I think I plan on having the times shift so there is fair access to everyone. As or right now I’m thinking of scheduling the event on the 21st at 18:00 UTC (starting time).

4 Likes

Excited to see details, please tag me as they are released. I can only begin to imagine the rumble we’ll make.

1 Like

Nice if te times suit I probably will be able to come in my nice little C172 😃👍

2 Likes

Monday Morning for us Aussies 😒

Anyway I’ll see what happens and hope I can join 👏😃👍

2 Likes

Starts at 3am ends at 9am. Sadly doesn’t fit with my schedule. 😒

1 Like

Lol RIP. It’s still a cool idea. I’ll be coming every now and then

2 Likes

What if you don’t drink coffee?

Drink your favorite beverage.