Introduce/Impose SID/STAR , FLIGHT PLANS at Cat "B" & HUB's. IT's TIME!

It’s time to bring order to the chaos we all face as a community as we depart or recover at major HUB’s in a Trash Hauler! That order/structure was developed and implemented years ago when the crowded sky’s of commercial airlines really darkened our skies. Safety of Flight drove the implementation of things like the international airways system with there Jet, Victor Airways (the little lines on the IF Chart connecting waypoints), VFR Corridors and Standerized Instrument Airfield Arrival (STAR)/Departure (SID) Procedures; Standardizing Procedures is a good thing. . Air traffic controllers develop STARs and SIDs in order to provide standardized ways for aircraft to leave and approach the controlled airport area. It saves Controllers the trouble of giving the same set of instructions to pilots over and over; the pilots can just look at the published STAR or SID to see exactly what they must do. It’s almost exactly like giving someone a small map to show them the best way to drive to your house. So I suggest the Dev’s introduce and publish in the Map IINFO area STAR/SID Route data for select major airports. Coupled with this a rule that requires any aircraft requesting entry into controlled airspace have a Flight Plan of Record Filed with a destination clearly identified. I suggest that SID/STAR routes filings be optional on the Playgound and mandatory on the Advanced. Aircraft that have not filed or fail to follow the standard procedures on the Playground should be vectored to a hold point and instructed to comply with standard procedure and diverted. Aircraft that fail to file or violate standard procedure on the Advanced should be Ghosted. What say you ATC’s/Pilots? If a consensus is reach here the Dev’s will have a bases for action. What Say You Community? Just Sayin, Mad Max Sends

15 Likes

I suggested earlier pre made flight plans for people to start with, in this case you are right at least pre made departure/arrivals(Sid/star) so people know how to exit/enter airports. @Maxmustang I didn’t read full paragraph, hope this is what you meant👍. At the moments airports look like beach front with seagulls taking off and landing.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I think this is a great idea

@divebuddha "Introduce at Selected Airports "(A) Sid/Star per each. Use the KISS system. Start small then intro to FLIP’s. (plates)… Sorry I did’nt flesh this out but I choose to throw out an Idea not rewrite the book… Who lov’s ya Baby, Max Sends

1 Like

Yes I agree it would be hard to implement and people trying to learn now would totally be lost but it would add a lot of realism and structure to the chaos.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s a bad idea either the more realistic the better in my opinion I’m all about learning aviation even the mundane.

1 Like

1 Like

I personally think this is a great idea. Gave you a thumbs up.

1 Like

I’m looking into flight school at the moment it’s always been my dream and I will do what ever it takes to a achieve that dream. right now this sim is the closest thing I’ve got to actual flight. But I agree hard to implement in the chaos right now.

It’s not really an issue if it’s out of date - the key is just for people to follow the charts, no?

1 Like

I have been flying IFR routes and approaches since December. I use IF to fly actual real world flights in the same time as the actual flight of that day.

When I’m ATC on the playground server, I vector aircraft along real world STAR’s and SIDs, ensuring that they are at the correct altitude, heading and speed. Most people comply, and experience a real world approach.

Seattle region has all the waypoints.

2 Likes

I would love to see people using IFR plates, it would make flying so much more enjoyable. Unfortunately, not even the advanced ATC use STAR’s and SID’s, and it’s a real bummer for me when I get vectored over areas I should not be.
This is why I just stick to Seattle on the playground server where I can fly real world routes, without any potential issues.

2 Likes

Agree Thomas. All the more IFR plates are readily available on the web…

I think I may have been vectored by you once in Seattle, and I have to say this was a very enjoyable experience!

2 Likes

@Thomas_Hense Your my kind of guy Tom. I use the plates for every sortie.
The fixes are valid they appear to have been selected from the WAC. The Localizer intercept fix location is the key to the kingdom for heavies and again in my experience there right on. With SID/STAR next step J/Victor airways.
Regards Max

2 Likes