Interested in getting back into IF

Been feeling nostalgia for the game, and I’m interested in getting IF Pro again. I left the game because I wasn’t having much fun, and leaving your device to sit for 4 hours isn’t that enjoyable. Any tips for how to enjoy the game more?

1 Like

Personally, my favorite part of the simulator is IFATC. You never know wha to expect each day while controlling. I love the spontaneity

7 Likes

Take a nice VFR flight in the tail of Alaska, or around Micronesia, both amazing places.

3 Likes

I have been contemplating joining, but I don’t have the schedule to control for a while. I might look into it more, thanks!

1 Like

I recommend doing overnighters! You depart in the evening, sleep while cruise and land in the morning. This is a great way to fly when you won’t use your device for any other reason, and you won’t get bored.

This way, you can just enjoy the takeoff and landing!

2 Likes

VFR is definitely something I didn’t do much of before, good idea!

1 Like

well u dont always have to do a 4+ hour flight…u can do pattern work, when doing patterns 99% of the time u are doing something

1 Like

I did a few of those before, wasn’t great at landings so 8 hours of work would go into a crash on final 😅

1 Like

True, but there really isn’t much scenery to look at. Hopefully it will be better with the new buildings.

thats another reason to join…BUILDINGS

1 Like
  • Look at a VFR map on skyvector.com
  • Pick an airport near a river
  • Takeoff from the airport
  • Don’t look at the in-app map while in flight because it’s more fun
  • Follow the river
  • Land whenever you’d like or use the river and major roads/highways to fly to a specific airport
6 Likes

Also, consider joining VO/VAs! They are Airlines based on Infinite Flight. You can get a more realistic and fun experience with them, and also can fly with other members of the airline.

You can find more about them at #live:va or ifvarb.com.

1 Like

Good to see you again Trio! Definitely a good idea, will write that down!

2 Likes

Definitely going to look into some!

1 Like

I think people find VFR flight boring because they use the in-app map. Fun portion is that you sometimes have no idea where you are in relation to anything and you have to use VFR maps to figure out where you are.

2 Likes

Wait until 21.1 comes and also make sure you have people to fly with!

3 Likes

I like using my old VFR navigation charts to fly around visually, especially interesting areas like New Zealand, Vancouver and the North of England /Scotland… Just for the enjoyment of spotting things on the ground to follow, especially rivers, lakes and coastlines. If I find airports to try and land at that’s a bonus!

1 Like

Hey you should also consider trying #live:events they are a bunch of fun and make a flight more realistic or unrealistic, you get to have a good time with others while you fly and more!

So check some of people’s events there are many to choose from! cough mine…🤫

1 Like

Said it once I’ll say it again 🤣

4 Likes

Lol, thanks for all the suggestions! I’ll probably get IF Pro once 21.1 comes out and refer back to this topic 😄