Interactive Cockpits

Over the last couple of weeks i have been playing X-Plane and Aerofly both mobile versions. Don’t worry i would never betrayed infinite flight. 😂

But one thing i noticed was that both offered interactive cockpits(working buttons and switches) in their aircraft. With this feature eventually coming to infinite flight, i wanted to know peoples thoughts on the topic.

Do you think they will be a great addition to the simulator or do you think it could make things too complex.

Discuss

4 Likes

Eventually, all aircraft will be reworked, and the end goal will be as you mentioned, for a live cockpit to come to all the aircraft in the fleet. Currently, the 777 is in progress and all variants are expected to be completed by the end of the year. However, you can browse the #features category and use the search bar to search for certain aircraft that you want to see reworked and vote for them. Thanks!

3 Likes

Personally, I only like to fly in aircraft with interactive cockpits and updated physics, etc. I think it makes it a lot more enjoyable to fly, and I wish that all aircraft could have interactive cockpits, but sadly that can’t be the case because it takes time, but I do enjoy them.

1 Like

Forgot to mention working buttons and switches. What do you think when this reaches infinite flight

@Shane when interactive cockpits come with button and switches will that change what you fly??

I think it would be great because it allows the pilot to look around the cockpit and discover new things the down side to this is one new pilots could struggle to navigate the cockpit but hopefully a moderator will help with that second of all you could accidentally turn of autopilot and accidentally crash when looking around but besides that it is a brilliant idea and would love to see it in the future.

1 Like

We already have some features like in the A350, the button won’t turn, but the number will change, and the yoke, and throttle, and all screens are accurately updating according to your flight, etc. Personally, I wouldn’t really care for turning buttons and switches, and it’d probably be really hard on devices as well.

1 Like

So I other words it’s a live cockpit @ShaneAviation

1 Like

This may be the closest one to what you’re talking about, feel free to check this out and continue searching for more.

2 Likes

You and me both @Titan

1 Like

@Shane what about buttons that you could mess with, for example being able to start an aircraft from cold and dark etc

In a middle of a 10hr flight on,off,on,off

1 Like

😂😂😂 good point

1 Like

I just hope they can improve the instruments. that are like the real ones, with all its functions

2 Likes

@DIEGO11 Definitely

1 Like

This is actually not something we have planned at this time. The reason for this is because the displays Infinite Flight is primarily used on are rather small. The chance of you hitting the correct button is equally as small if the display is.

Therefore, we’re putting our resources into features that makes more sense for a flight simulator used on handheld devices :)

3 Likes

Good reason but in others mobile flight sims we have working buttons. Whats the difference?

1 Like

Although the buttons will be smaller you could still zoom in with the camera

2 Likes

Ahhh ok, that does make sense I look forward to whatever comes to the sim anyway @schyllberg

The difference is they have, we don’t.
A wild guess is that this is something they’ve simply moved over from their desktop version equivalent, a platform on which it makes much more sense to have :)

2 Likes