Instrument Procedures Tutorial

SIDs, STARs, and Approaches make up Instrument Procedures and are arguably the most important aspects of a filed flight plan. Designed to take you into and out of complex airspaces, it is critical to learn how to properly file and choose a route best suited for your unique mission.

Join me as I show you how to build a flight plan from start to finish, including Instrument Procedures to create a standardized route from gate to gate.

Click below to tune in!

thumbnail

122 Likes

really helpful! thanks.

5 Likes

It help me arrive in LAX ! thx a lot !

2 Likes

Amazing job as usual Tyler thanks a lot! We all love 20.1!
Happy Flying :D
Cign

5 Likes

Great tutorial @Tyler_Shelton!

3 Likes

Great tutorial Tyler, thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks for another great tutorial Tyler!

4 Likes

Great tutorial Tyler!

I used this on my flight yesterday ;)

3 Likes

Awesome tutorial Tyler! This is perfect becuase I was having trouble with planning the altitudes!

2 Likes

Amazing tutorials! It always good to learn new things and this update brings a lot of new things! Love the B777 and B737s. My favourite is the Austrian B777.

Thanks you Tyler and all the Devs!

1 Like

Nice Tutorial! Thank you Tyler! It’s very helpful

1 Like

Just have a question. Whenever I go and file a STAR for my destination airport the destination airport shows up at the end of the STAR which isn’t ideal because I have to take it out meaning I don’t have a filed STAR otherwise it would mess up my final approach. I’m not too keen on flying into ATC regions now because of it because Center will ask me to file the required STAR when I can’t. Just wondering will there be a fix for this as I’m really wanting to try out Center

Absolutely amazing job!!!

Some STARs go to the airport itself while others end _ miles away which allows room for a filed approach. If flying into an active airport and you have STARs that only take you to the airport I recommend filing that way without the instrument approach portion. Approach will be able to vector you to final anyways.

There is no “fix” for this since it’s just the real-world procedure. They’re not all created equal! You may have to choose between one or the other. I hope that helps!

6 Likes

Thank you for the great tutorial Tyler! 😊

2 Likes

That makes sense thanks Tyler! :)

1 Like

Thank you so much @Tyler_Shelton :)

2 Likes

Great tutorial! I am loving this new feature so much! It basically makes things more convenient especially VNAV!

1 Like

I was initially sort of nervous about having to learn these, but once I watched this video last night on the user guide, I realized that they aren’t that hard! Thanks Tyler, this really helped me :)

1 Like

Well done!! Truly appreciate your input and the teams behind the scenes hardwork 🎉🎊🍾@Tyler_Shelton

1 Like