Instrument Flight Video (Galveston, Texas)

This video was put together a little over a year ago, but I never really had any good music to put it to. Just a quick summary about this flight, we took off from an airport in East Texas and headed down to Galveston near Houston, for those that are unfamiliar with the area. The departure airport was as clear as can be but we knew that down south, it would be another story, hence, making this flight for a great experience. We even got clearance for a specific altitude so that we could do a little cloud surfing between two other airports in the area of Houston which you will see.
The return legs were even more spectacular as we got the best seats in the house for a beautiful sunset as you will see at the end. I hope this video give you something to look forward to instrument training if you plan on going towards that route one day. Hope you enjoy this video as much as I enjoyed flying.

8 Likes

Dang, I thought I was about to see an E145 ILS approach…lol

Scholes Field, cool! Been by there quite a bit. Where in East Texas did you fly from?

1 Like

No. This was before the 145. 😏

2 Likes

We left out of Tyler Pounds Regional. (KTYR)

1 Like

Know a few people based at Tyler Pounds Regional. And my buddy just got a job on the E-145

1 Like

Did multiple cx there. The lady on the tower is super super sweet

It’s funny you mention that. I thought the same thing. Not sure if it’s the same lady but the general area of Houston has a handful of controllers that are female and were very sweet.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.