Instant replay (solo)

First of all, I think the new replay function is amazing.

There is one little thing that bothers me: we now have to end our flight to see the replay. In the old system, we were able to watch in and continue our flight after.

Things like the “live” button and slow down/speed up buttons were also removed. I would like to see these things back in the game.

My suggestion is to add a simple replay system that you are able to use mid-flight in solo mode. Something like the old system.

(Credits to the owner of the picture)

Unfortunately it’s not possible because users will go into replay mode during flights which can lead to ghosting and not following the ATC commands. Pilots will be distracted by this.

P.S. relevant only for multiplayer mode

2 Likes

*forgot to mention I was talking about solo.

Changed it!

5 Likes

Was the old replay version available in Live?

I’ve only flown solo ☺️

1 Like

There has never been replay in live mode before 19.1

1 Like

Nope, only in Solo

Very disappointed to see this removed…

3 Likes

Why? We replaced it with a better system, I don’t really see why it is so bad you have to go to the menu, but can see as much of the flight as you want, and watch it again days, weeks, or months later…

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say it’s better, it’s different. It focuses on other thing. A lot of people used the replay system to quickly watch something like their landing and use the ‘live’ feature to re-do it. All of that dissapeared for a system that favours live users. *It’s also pretty laggy

5 Likes

I will also love to see the instant replay back again in solo mode. It works best for practising landings-whereby you will replay and simple click Live then Short final for another try… It saves time and you quickly correct your landing mistakes fast.

4 Likes

YES! I really dislike the new replay system because it got rid of the “Live” button and because you need to end the flight to access them.

4 Likes

Is there any possible way to go back to 18.6 to use these features we had in solo?

1 Like

Theres no possible way to do that

1 Like

Not in the current update, but via the app store go back to 18.6

1 Like

No. I don’t believe there is a way to move back versions.

1 Like

The App store doesn’t offer such a feature.

1 Like

Then Infinite Flight should

1 Like

This is a feature I miss with the current update. I believe the developers wanted to have a standardised replay system rather than two separate ones, which came with a cost of removing the old Solo replay system. Voted!

On another note, I don’t think downgrading the version of Infinite Flight is a viable solution. The new update brings other features and fixes which were needed and therefore downgrading the version would remove those along with the new replay system. Not to mention, downgrading the version would not allow users to access the simulator at all (it prompts a message saying that Infinite Flight is outdated when launching the app).

2 Likes

So, if you want to put your landing in a video, record the video, read or another video of just the landingfrom the outside view ,upload to your phone, then open this app: PowerDirector. Then take the first video into edit mode and once you start to roll off the runway in the original video put the landing replay video in a small box in a corner. That’s as far as I have gotten, still trying to get sound worked out.

1 Like

I wholeheartedly agree that it is indeed a better system in practice for Live, but as it relates to solo:
To be honest, I would many times practice landings or another procedure in solo, I could rewind to not quite full final-or where I noticed an issue I needed to correct, and then release the sim. Many times I’d change wind conditions particularly during recording of tutorials. This crosswind landing tutorial is a good example of that. Having the ability to change up conditions or go back and “do it over” so to speak to show a different technique (or correct a screw up on my part) I’m interested to see how many votes/how much support this gets. It’s not so much even the replay as the ability to reposition the aircraft and re-release the sim to “live”

1 Like