Instagram/Social Media Aviation Accounts-Important

Hi all. This is my first post so sorry in advance if I stuff up!

Recently, there has been a group of hackers targeting Aviation accounts in social media sites, in particular Instagram. These include planespotters, Virtual airlines and Flight simmers, just to name a few. In the last 3-4 days, many accounts have been targeted. Today alone 10-15 accounts were hacked. Although none of my accounts were hacked, I know of people who had theirs hacked, and I am warning people to secure their accounts with strong passwords. Although many people are going private and changing usernames, I am not because this is letting the hackers win. I thought I would post this on the forum so that you all are aware and can take steps to secure your own accounts.

Happy Flying!

Breydon

1 Like

Well that’s disappointing…

Why would a hacker want to target an aviation page… Why not something more mainstream like cars (Not that I want to see car pages hacked)?

Thanks for the notice. Do they attack flickr pages?

Long live the DC-9!

3 Likes
  1. In infinite flight there are many large IAPs.
  2. The IAPs can be refunded for money on accounts
  3. Then they can use the money to by whatever things they want
    I am not one of the hackers but I figured what they want with those accounts.
1 Like

Oh those are IF accounts not avgeek accounts that are being attacked?

I know this is not moral or anything but maybe IF should give a small refund?

Long live the DC-9!

1 Like

Hi Boeing707

I don’t think they are targeting flickr pages. It is a bit sad that these people have nothing better to do. Most other hobbies don’t have issues. We know if an account but there is now also rumors this was a setup, designed to make people join a virtual alliance. Very disappointing regardless

Happy Flying!

Let’s hack them back!

2 Likes

Haha if only :joy:

1 Like

Hi There!
I don think they’re hacking Apple accounts, but even so, it still isn’t good.