inserting waypoint at specific distance from a fix

Hi

Can someone remind me if there’s a way to do this. A departure from GVA brwy 22 requires a right turn at no less than 8 DME from GVA. Is there a way to have that point shown on the map?

Thanks

GVA to PAS is 8 nm (the VORs)

1 Like

Hello again!
There is no current way in IF to have a point a certain distance from a VOR/DME, unless it is already a fix, or if you know the coordinates. Just like you can’t enter in a direction when going to/from a VOR/DME. HOWEVER, most SIDs/STARs, I have found, have points/distances in them that match up to a fix on the map in IF. IF still has a lot to develop concerning VORs/DMEs, though. It would be nice to be able to navigate only via VORs when flying VFR, instead of using waypoints.

It’s a recurrent wish to be able to append a manual waypoint to flight plan (without using GPS values (which is possible but not really user friendly))

1 Like

Wrong, there is a way!

Use Simbrief & FPTtoIF

FPL to IF will give you the waypoints via coordinates.

Edit : @Bryce_D sorry I just woke up, I didn’t read correctly

1 Like

My God, what a user friendly way. We want to long-tap or double-tap to add an adjustable waypoint ready to append to flight plan

You kinda have to plan your flights.

Thanks, all, so maybe we should convert this into a feature request? I totally agree that actually having VORs/NDBs etc would be sooooo helpful. And I’m thinking it should be doable, given what IF has already achieved?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.