INSANE: American Airlines Announces SEATTLE To BANGALORE & LONDON

That’s the most sensible one. Seattle is another IT Hub so they are now connected. Along with that, Seattle is closer to San Francisco, and if Alaska joins Oneworld, it’ll be so much easier for people from San Francisco to go to Bengaluru :)

Can’t wait for the route from Seattle to Bengaluru (Bangalore is my hometown :)

3 Likes

One of the most random flights Seattle to BANGALORE bruh Bangalore’s kempegowda airport has been increasing for flights

2 Likes

Yay they are starting flights to an Indian destination :)

1 Like

HYD is 3rd fastest growing airport. Maybe they will look into starting flights to HYD as well 🤔

2 Likes

For those who are confused as to why they’re flying to Bangalore instead of more popular cities, I’d recommend watching this:

4 Likes

I aldready saw that lol. Thanks anyway

Walmart and Uber as well. Cisco, Wipro, Infosys, etc

I’m in cloud nine right now :)
Not only did Alaska plan to join Oneworld, but because of American’s new route to Bengaluru… I’m the happiest person in the world!

2 Likes

Huh…interesting route pairing - should be fun to see if this route is financially profitable

1 Like

Awesome! Finally BLR gets an American carrier.

1 Like

Now this is interesting. AA to Bengaluru? I couldn’t imagine this route being profitable, especially from a city like Seattle. Being in NYC, I’m flying DL’s new nonstop to Mumbai next month and connecting to a domestic flight from BOM-BLR. Flying AA would mean getting to Seattle then taking the long way around to get to Bengaluru. This doesn’t make sense on so many levels, and AA is forgetting a significant chunk of the Indian community on the east coast.

Nonetheless, I wish them luck!

4 Likes

Seattle to Bangalore on AA is going to die. Quick.

I was guessing that Alaska would join OneWorld at one point or another. They were already partnered with a ton of OneWorld members, American, British, Qantas, ect.

I’m really interested to see what the Alaska OneWorld livery will look like.

Will not. Bengaluru is bigger than you think. More than half of the Indians who relocated to the Bay Area came from Bengaluru. Many people in SFO can now fly to SEA and continue to BLR.

Adding the AA route to Bengaluru will be a great competitor to Air India and United’s SFO-DEL. The Air India one continues to BLR (I’ve flown this one), and with a nonstop from Seattle, it’s going be good competition.

I expect the KSEA-VOBL route to be highly profitable. Never has there been an American carrier in Bengaluru, which will make it even more profitable and easier to reach the U.S. for Indians.

4 Likes

Anyways, there’s no way Delta won’t respond to American’s significant entrance into Seattle.

Low probability, but I could see Delta launching a partnership with JetBlue to beef up their east coast presence while American increases its west coast presence.

2 Likes

Wendover Productions is the best YouTube channel.

But seriously, this is wild.

3 Likes

Quite a decent meme from @TylerHerrick on Twitter

5 Likes

I usually don’t fly either airline, but still cool to see this. I get their choice to fly to Bangalore, but I would think they would start a flight from LAX or DFW first to see how it would work out. Even if it is because of Alaska why not start it later when they actually plan to join.

1 Like

That time when it’s INSANE when AA does LHR-SEA but BA has been doing it for decades with the 747 and 777 2 daily flights…

1 Like

They really can’t experiment with DFW/LAX as it would basically be impossible to fly their 787-9 without blocking a lot of seats.

DFW and LAX to BLR are both over 9,000 miles and would make them the world’s second and third longest flights behind Singapore’s SIN-EWR.

3 Likes