Innsbruck = Happiness @ LOWI

Innsbruck is peak.

Recently, I had a fun opportunity to spot at the world-renowned airport known as Innsbruck. Joined with me was @AndrewWu, @Transport_Hub, and @Altaria55 as we were on a quest to conquer central Europe (Switzerland, Austria, Germany, Liechtenstein). We invaded Liechtenstein so I should say mission was accomplished. Unfortunately, a certain someone decided to delay our trip to Innsbruck and we missed a rare Chinese Xian Y-20 that morning. Everyone say “L Transport_Hub.”

Back on topic, Innsbruck was definitely the most stunning commercial airport I’ve spotted at. Towering mountains surrounded the airport as a cool backdrop along with some cool aircraft to go along with it. I have too many photos to edit from several airports (LSZH, LSGG, LSMM, LSMP, EDDM) which will presumably be edited in the coming weeks if I don’t procrastinate. (yippee)

green tea plane

A powerful E-195LR rocketing out for (probably) Vienna.

An Austrian A320 named ‘Wienerwald.’

What a creative livery on this DAT A320!

Typical NEO Engine W

After a sudden wind change, 08 came into operation giving some stunning back-taxi and arrival shots. Here’s one of the few Eurowings A320’s registered in Malta.

A TUI 737-800 with hints of it being a former Sunwing aircraft.

“The existence of EasyJet implies that there is HardJet” - @AndrewWu

Gear

Canon Rebel EOS 250D
Canon Rebel EOS 450D [OLD]
Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3
Tamron 100-400mm F/4.5-6.3
Manfrotto Carbon Fiber Tripod

Social Media

Instagram
JetPhotos
YouTube

55 Likes

That wasn’t the line it was “Easyjet when Hardjet shows up”

4 Likes

Holy cow this shot, this lighting, this angle, this aircaft, these mountains…

This is one of the best planespotting picture I have seen!

5 Likes

I vividly remember that line as it is also in the book of Wuuuvelations 5:12.

Thanks a bunch! The time was just right for the sun to make a nice impression, it gave a great finish to the already awesome background.

1 Like

Stunning photos. I forget if we stopped at St. Gallen Airport on the way there. Refresh my memory, please.

3 Likes

We did not stop at St. Gallen Airport.

3 Likes

Nice Kam! Did you climb mountains while you were there?

1 Like

The Las Vegasan in me was already nearly freezing due to hypothermia so unfortunately, mountain climbing was not a great idea to me, though I would probably do so on my next trip. Seems like a fun place to snowboard.

1 Like

How cold was it? Couldn’t have been less than 32 degrees

1 Like

Some parts, it was only 25-40F. I’m adapted to 120F weather though lol

1 Like

No we went to Payerne instead to do brick ops

2 Likes

Also sunwing leased TUI planes not the other way around that’s not the TUI livery

Actually, G-TAWV is borrowed from TUI, by Sunwing, seasonally.

Isn’t that what I said

oops I meant that’s not the SUNWING livery not TUI lol

1 Like

yes but this just makes my statement correct then of it being a former sunwing 737-800 mr. wu

Andrew Lu

Sunwing tends to be a bit silly lol

Credit

You’re a bit silly

1 Like

where did the rest of the rudder go!

1 Like

They’re all excellent like always but jeez are those last two just so beautiful.

1 Like