Inflight Emergencies - How to Handle on Expert Server

Question here, What is the best way to handle an in-flight emergency while online in an Expert Server, especially while in the middle of being controlled by ATC? What I mean is, ever so often my joystick and throttle controls have been losing connection with Map Connect. This has lead here recently to 2 “emergencies”, one where it lost connection during taxi resulting in loss of steering, the second while about to be on final approach to catch the localizer. Usually a quick shut down and relauch of the Map Connect app works, but during taxi and final, those 5-10 seconds are crucial. I can easily see my self getting reported by ATC because of this and I do NOT want this to happen, yet I doubt I’d be able to prove it.

How should I handle these? For now, I am exiting the game as quickly as possible to avoid a report.

1 Like

Hello here
When Map Connect fails, can you touch the screen directly to control your plane?
Anyway, I think pilots should make sure they don’t have equipment and connection issues before heading to active ATC areas.
It is clear that IFATC can’t know and deal with emergencies other than emergency fuel

If you think you are facing some unavoidable problems with Map Connect, please contact Map Connect Support. All I know is there’s a post here

1 Like

If you do get a violation and it is directly related to connection issues you can try contacting @appeals.

1 Like

I agree…i would stop using them since there’s no such option to let atc know you’re having problems. Violation or ghosting seem to be a matter of time…

1 Like

I would use the divert button button but make sure to make a new waypoint for your button to really work right. i was on a EGLL-KDTW flight in training and my takeoff was weird, so i pressed the divert button and they vectored me in. W atc