Infinte Flight Scale Model Aircraft

I think that IF should sell scale model aircraft.

• Great Idea 👍
  • Okay Idea 😐
  • Bad Idea 👎

0 voters

1 Like

It would be a good way to advertise this game.

1 Like

Yes. I love collecting model aircraft! In fact, I just got one today!

http://www.eztoys.com/blank-boeing-b737-300-w-winglets-jc2wht995-jc-wings-scale-1-200.html

If you buy a factory in China and give it to Devs, they’ll be happy

12 Likes

I think it’s unnecessary for them to sell scale models. Other companies like Herpa, Gemini Jets or Phoenix are already a long time in this business, so many people would rather buy there some scale models than by the IF developers.

3 Likes

Let me restate myself. I want a FDS livery on the plane! Not them making the actual model plane!

6 Likes

It’s not necessary or realistic, FDS is a very small team and I highly doubt they have the resources.

1 Like

Buy a scale model which you have to build yourself and paint it like you want ;)

4 Likes

Well, that’s why I am requesting them doing it, and we pay for the models. Live+ costumes could get like a 5% or 10% discount.

The company Revell sells some cheap scale models (unpainted)

3 Likes

Yeah, and it’s 1:144. Plus is like $28 per peice. Maybe FDS could either buy the paint, and make kits, as well as get cardboard box which the kits come into. (With the permission from Revell, of course). Or, they higher someone to put it together, and sell it.

No, that wouldn’t sell, and most people would say 1:144 is too big. 1:200-1:400 are the more popular ones.

2 Likes

This is supposed to be #real-world-aviation,

MaxSez: After the loss leader IF hats and shirts why would IF market logo’d scale model aircraft I ask you.

2 Likes

Sorry but I dint think it would get many sales.

2 Likes

To @Maxmustang

Well, this is a airplane simulator, so why not bump up the profit with model airplanes! Basically let IF come to life!

2 Likes

A more simple solution would be FDS creating decals with their liveries (2014, 2015 and 2016) and selling them in the 1:144 scale for in-game aircraft, like the A319-21 and 737-700 to 900.

3 Likes

Yes! Perfect!

1 Like

@PlanesForLife. Pls don’t use me as a reference Mr. Planes. Your logic, business acumen and marketing skills give me pause!

4 Likes