InfiniteFlightGeek's ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] @ CYOW

Hi! Right now I am controlling CYOW (Ground, Tower) in the training server today if you would like to come on down you can do that for sure! This thread will probably be closed a few minutes after it is posted but this is just a little heads up that there is ATC at CYOW right now.
(I will close this thread once I am done controlling CYOW)

Times I will be open
Monday - NOT OPEN
Tuesday - NOT OPEN
Wednesday - OPEN from 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Thursday - NOT OPEN
Friday - OPEN from 7:00pm to 9:30pm
Saturday - OPEN from 5:00pm to 7:30pm
Sunday - CLOSED

All times are in zulu time.

Note: I cannot guarantee that I will be on all of these times

2 Likes

If you are planning on making your openings regular, you can feel free to convert this into a Tracking Thread.
Edit: Sasha already went ahead and did this. If your goal is to join IFATC after gaining experience with some sessions, this’ll be a good place to announce your openings.

1 Like

Hey, I edited your title to make it into an ATC Tracking thread. When you are closed please change your title to: InfiniteFlightGeeks ATC Tracking Thread ~ [CLOSED] @ N/A. When you open again, edit your title and add the airport. Remember to make a post when you open again. (This is so people see your open)

1 Like

Thank you.
@Sashaz55

@AsternAviation
So you are saying if I close and open again I should edit this thread or make a new one?

Yeah, you’ll just edit the title to [CLOSED] and remove the “@ CYOW” after you close today, then when you want to open again, set the title back to [OPEN] @ (the airport’s ICAO)

Okay. got it.

1 Like

Ive been waiting for around 35 mins lol.

Darn did you just close, I was about to stop by.

1 Like

Would you like me to open? For a few minutes? @IanD
My time is not done I just closed early because nobody was there.

Ah I was planning on stopping by for longer than that. If you’re no longer open I’ll hop over to the next tracking thread/just any open aiport and give them some patterns. Thanks for the offer though! :)

No its okay I just closed early.
I will open.
I opened.

1 Like

Alrighty I’ll stop by for about 20 or so minutes! Cya in a second

1 Like

Whoops I was on the Expert Server, heading over now

1 Like

Thanks for coming, have a nice day.

1 Like

Thanks for controlling! Here’s some of my feedback:

-The check runway assignment at the beginning wasn’t necessary as the TBM didn’t need the full runway to takeoff, hence why I took the nearest entrance.
-Usually you would want to give a “make left traffic” command when someone is doing patternwork on a runway on the left side of the airport. It helps prevent conflicts if other traffic was present. (also my bad for turning the wrong way, didn’t think when I saw the message)
-What was the maintain slowest practical speed command for? There was no traffic nearby.

Also before I go, are you considering applying for IFATC? If you enjoy the whole idea of ATC we would love to see you onboard some day! :)

@IanD
Thanks for the feedback
I was going to ask you to make left traffic but when I noticed I said make right traffic it was too late and I just decided to go with it. The check runway assignment was my bad, and I asked you to maintain slowest practical speed because you were going a bit too fast for a TBM on final.

Anyways thanks for coming and thank you for the feedback. :)

2 Likes

I was going the normal short final speed for a TBM at 90 knots. Also you only need to give the “make xxx traffic” command after clearing someone for the option after they came from a different runway or it is their first inbound (if they departed from a different airport.)

1 Like

Oh well that’s my bad then. :P

1 Like

No worries! I’ll try to make it to a session of yours further down the line, something came up which caused me to leave early today. Happy flying/controlling! :)

1 Like