Infinite Flight Wake-Up Alarm!

Infinite Flight Automatic Alarm

So, I usually use my alarm to wake me up for infinite flight, I will use either the time estimation on LiveFlight, or infinite flight itself, depending on if LiveFlight registers the vectors correctly. Unfortunately, especially on long flights, sometimes the time estimation isn’t correct, and even if it’s off by 20 minutes, you will start your decent very late. This basically screws up your flight and you start your day in a bad mood.

I think infinite flight should include a customizable alarm into the game, which can be activated and deactivated, so for example, when you are 30 minutes away from your destination, your device will make a noise to indicate that you should start to begin your approach procedures. I think this will help, because be honest, how many times have you overslept your flight, and then started off your day in a bad mood. Unfortunately, I’m guilty of this, so… This will be the best way to make sure that you never loose a landing, or worse, get a violation.

Now, so if you may start to ask, why can’t you use your regular alarm app? As I stated above, the flight estimation times change, and if you were off by a little bit, he will start to descend very late.

I hope I gain your vote, and I will try to answer as many questions as I can!

Thanks for the idea Infinite Flight’s “Get Me Out of Bed” Feature

Can it work so I don’t fall asleep while on final again? Lol
Cool idea, hopefully others like it
I just don’t know how something like this gets implemented

3 Likes

We all have our moments 😞

1 Like

Good thing there wasn’t active ATC 😂

2 Likes

Basically, in the top right hand corner there’s always a checkmark, in there, there could be an alarm feature, or in the pause menu. There, you can say wake me up when ETE is so-and-so

1 Like

Yeah that’s a cool idea

2 Likes

I like this idea! Although, I think this should be set by how far you are from the destination. If you set it at 200 NM you’ll get the alarm as you pass 200 NM to your destination.

2 Likes

This is a good idea, but it is not a priority. Anyone who has a phone can set up an alarm.

1 Like

Imagine if the alarms was like STALL STALL or like TERRAIN TERRAIN PULL UP PULL UP it would instantly wake me up 😂

7 Likes

Don’t forget to vote for your own feature 😉

1 Like

I think that. just like liveflight notifications (@Cameron) you can choose either NM or ETE

1 Like

PULL UP. TERRAIN TERRAIN 😂 lol

Yep I’m freeing a vote for this

1 Like

You earned my vote!

1 Like

Infinite alarm ?

1 Like

thats a new app idea

2 Likes

Nice idea but personally I don’t let IF rule my life.

If I’m still asleep then clearly I need to sleep.

Personally I think a feature like this should actually be discouraged, sorry. It could become one of those features that means some kid is doing not as well in school because they’re up late but also their IF alarm is waking them up early to land. Whole host of reasons.

4 Likes

Nice idea - would stop me oversleeping when I’ve set an alarm but my plane had a strong tailwind.

2 Likes

I personally never overslept, but I always see many people oversleeping or just forgetting they must descend. For those who oversleep, this would be an amazing feature. Anyways, you got my vote! 😃

1 Like

One time I set to wake up with the alarm 1 hour before TOD

I woke up and overshot the airport by 200NM

Anyway, Voted!

1 Like