I thought it would be time to create a post regarding what I have been working on for the past three weeks. Fundamentally I am creating an online tool which virtual airline owners can use to monitor their pilots flights. I realise there has been discussion recently regarding Infinite Flight introducing virtual airlines into the simulator itself, therefore for now I am doing the minimum amount of work possible as it will likely one day become redundant. Very roughly, the core features comprise of:
- Register as a pilot.
- Create and manage a virtual airline, “proven” airlines will be tagged “official”.
- Allow pilots to join virtual airline. Allow virtual airline to remove pilots.
- Create flight schedules, defining rules such as departure airport, arrival airport, alternative arrival airport ( denied entry or poor conditions ), aircraft, alternative aircraft ( non paid ), etc.
- Pilots execute their scheduled flights, they don’t even have to be logged into the tool to do this.
- View comprehensive report of completed flights, with static map, graphs, etc.
Development of the tool is going well. Inevitably there are limitations, especially as a result of non real-time data, but I am happy with the implementation. I haven’t done much of the frontend yet, everything is in short task scripts I run to test various functionality. This week I will likely introduce the tool to a couple of users who can help me test and perhaps provide me with ideas in order to improve.
I shall keep this post updated and if I have any queries I believe you guys can help me with I’ll post them here too. I’d also appreciate it if any of you guys have anything to add.