Infinite flight storage

please help me!

I checked the app and IF is taking up more than 8GB!
last time I check it was 6GB
I have no replays, and it just keeps going up and up

1 Like

Hey!

Try clearing your Scenery Cache. As you fly, scenery is downloaded to your device, taking up your storage. Let me know if you’re on Android and iOS while you’re at it.

To clear your cache,

Settings (Infinite Flight) > General > Clear Scenery Cache (down the bottom)

Let me know how that goes!

2 Likes

thanks! I will give a try

I am on IOS btw

2 Likes

alright! That cleared up around a half a GB :D

2 Likes

Hello! The same happens to me. So every 2-3 months, I completely delete and re-install the game. As well as clear the scenery cashe.

2 Likes

I think I will do that

1 Like

Scenery Cashe is only able to store up to 200 megabytes (last I checked). Best way is to delete and reinstall as stated above 😊

1 Like

If you have an apple device. In SETTINGS /GENERAL/ (Erase all content and Settings)… And then re-install IF!! ~This worked for me! ~** Be advised this deletes everything on your device so do this at your discretion**make sure you have a back up!! And then set it up as a new device! Should be good to go!👍

1 Like

I wouldn’t recommend this method if you are only trying to get rid of IF’s storage. That pits your device back to the factory setting, and if would take a long time to get everything set back up.

3 Likes

It’s just an option. I don’t recommend it. Everyone has a different situation. I just stated that this worked for me. @Alec

2 Likes

If it’s taking a lot of storage, maybe you can try deleting those replay files, especially long haul ones

1 Like

The GB adds up when you download aircraft livery

1 Like

8 GB? Mine is 16 GB!

2 Likes

wut

1 Like

The size is due to the plane models being downloaded. Scenery data is constantly refreshed so there is no need to clear the cache to save on space.

There are plans to look at this in a future release for ideas to help reduce the storage impact.

4 Likes

I also find that my replay files take up can quite a bit of space as they build up.

I’d suggest going through and deleting some of your old ones - of course just re-installing the app has the same effect.

1 Like

Here another way to reducing storage beside clearing scenery data in the game all time, giving options to delete aircraft/livery addons which you no longer needed anymore.

I always wanted this options in the game so much. It also will give more space since latest aircraft now have bigger size to download. You can download it again after delete your fav aircraft!

1 Like

Yes there are different options they are considering.

1 Like

But it is their decision to add that options or not even I made suggestion/vote post, I hope

1 Like