Infinite Flight Speed Limits

I was hoping to start a thread to contain a comprehensive list of the known speed limits in Infinite Flight Live. Most of this information exists in different places, but I’m not aware of a sole source so hopefully this can be the definitive list. Below is what I’m aware of, please correct me if I’m wrong and identify any additional limits you know of and I will correct. I think there are various speed limits for different kinds of planes, within xx miles of an active airport, etc but I’m not sure what all they are.

Live Servers - Training and Expert

| Plane Type                 | Altitude      | Speed Limit                     |
|----------------------------|---------------|---------------------------------|
| Non-Fighter/C-130          | < 10,000 Ft   | 250 Kts IAS                     |
| All Planes                 | > 10,000 Ft   | Variable by Model (NO REDLINE)  |
| Fighter Jets and C-130     | All Altitudes | No Speed Limit                  |

Live Server - Casual

| Plane Type                 | Altitude      | Speed Limit                     |
|----------------------------|---------------|---------------------------------|
| All Planes                 | All Altitudes | NO SPEED LIMIT (REDLINE OK)     |
6 Likes

Fighters have no speed limits at all, unless they are in a controlled airspace, then it is best to keep a reasonable speed >250 although it is at controllers discretion.

1 Like

As far as I know, the 550 kts GS limit for commercial planes was removed after global because of much stronger winds.

2 Likes

This was taken out when Global was released

2 Likes

Fighter planes and C-130s have no speed limits at all. I believe all other planes have a speed limit of 250 under 10,000 feet, or redline above 10,000 feet.

1 Like

This is correct. @Josh_L your list appears to be the aircraft rules from before global and as such are incorrect now. Please refrain from posting incorrect information as it confuses a lot of people

4 Likes

@Josh_L only one way to find out that you’re wrong :) I’d suggest updating this list. Overall I think it’s a good idea to have a definitive list!

1 Like

Above 10k is 350 IAS I believe for all but fighter aircraft. I may be wrong.

2 Likes

Thanks all, I’ve updated the list to remove incorrect info and made it a bit easier to read in markdown table form. Keep the suggestions coming if you know of any!

I’m particularly interested in the “undocumented” speed limits that expert ATC’s will report/ghost for in controlled airspace on the expert server. It seems like there are different limits being enforced depending on the ATC and it would be great for all pilots new and old to know better what to expect.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.