Infinite Flight screenshots being used for another app

8 Likes

Is that in their game ?

If not then it is a pic from IF !

It is a pic from IF

1 Like

Yes it does look like IF aswell !

Great find and we should leave it up to the devs :)

Wow isn’t that copyright?

Yes I think it is

1 Like

I know I shouldn’t, but @matt @philippe.

3 Likes

Penalties of Copyright Infringement

By reproducing, republishing or redistributing the work of a copyright holder without permission, you may be violating or infringing on his or her rights under the Copyright Act.

If the copyright holder has registered the work with the U.S. Copyright Office prior to the infringement, the copyright holder may sue for compensation. Court-ordered compensation may include damages such as lost profits from the infringing activity or statutory damages ranging from $250 to $150,000, plus attorneys’ fees, for each infringing copy. Even higher damages may be awarded if the court feels that the infringement was committed “willfully.”

You may also be criminally liable if you willfully copy a work for profit or financial gain, or if the copied work has a value of more than $1,000. In these cases, penalties can include a one-year jail sentence plus fines. If the value is more than $2,500, you may be sentenced to five years in jail plus fines. Criminal penalties generally apply to large-scale commercial piracy.

These procedures will be inflicted unless:

> The Flying Developement studio has documented permission, directed to that person for using the images

> This is a infinite flight or Flying developement studio, developed application.

These laws are by the U.S government becuase of the location of the Dev Team.

11 Likes

I’m looking forward to the trial ;)

2 Likes

Is it a screenshot from IF?
I mean, only 6 piano keys. IF uses 8 or 12. No runway numbers. The runway isn’t centered. It has a shoulder on the right, but not on the left.
Air Force One’s livery is missing text and logos.
Otherwise the plane does look the same.
Which airport could this be?

It could be an older version of IF and they may have removed the markings of the af1 with photoshop perhaps because they may have thought it would fool us.

1 Like

They seem to be using that particular picture only as the icon for the Android version.
In iOS it looks like this.
The screenshots are the same for Android and iOS.

2 Likes

It looks rather lame compared to IF.

15 Likes

It has the same name, the same description and the same screenshots.
Smashing Geeks is the developer and that information is the same on both Android and iOS, so it IS the same game.

2 Likes

Report the app

2 Likes

The only image that is questionable is the icon for the Android version.
The rest is totally different.
People will not be fooled.

2 Likes

Anyways its a screenshot from another app, not that app. Which is probably an issue

4 Likes

Excuse me. This decision is up to the developers. It’s THEIR game. If they want to Report it for copyright, then let them. Don’t bother making a massive issue out of this unless you are personally involved. It’s no good having 100people report it on behalf of the developers. If they want to do something about it, they will. End of story, they can be thankful for the initial identification of this violation.

10 Likes

Flagged and objection submitted!

2 Likes

Sorry for the tag but I think @matt needs to see this