Infinite Flight‘s 5th Anniversary of Live Multiplayer Flight

Happy 5th Anniversary Infinite Flight Live!

G’day all, this week marks the 5th Anniversary Of Infinite Flight Live which was a big milestone in Infinite Flight’s history. When Flying Development Studios now Infinite Flight released live multiplayer it set a new standard for mobile flight simulators and over the years IF has dominated the live multiplayer flight simulator market. Other flight simulators have tried but have failed or just aren’t popular.

Pre Global Live Multiplayer

Back in the days of pre global everyone used to pack into very small regions and just fly around the area. Most people flew between Los Angeles and SAN Francisco. The following regions were the most popular in no particular order.

• Seattle Region

• Europe Region

• Denver Region

• Caribbean Region

• New York Region

• Florida Region

• Chicago Region

• California Region

• Sydney Region

They were some of the most popular regions. Below is a picture of what Liveflight used to look like with the locked regions.

Below are some pictures of pre global on live.

Global Live Multiplayer

In 2017 Global live multiplayer set an even bigger standard than Pre Global Live Multiplayer. Now people could travel from Los Angeles to Melbourne as realistically as possible, even down to the flight plan and call sign QF94. Other flight simulators struggled with the ever so increasing amount of people buying and downloading IF. Below are some screenshots of Global Live Multiplayer on liveflight.

Below are some pictures of global live multiplayer.

Infinite Flight couldn’t have progressed and come this far without this wonderful and supportive community so I ask you to thank IF for an amazing 5 years of live multiplayer.

Credits

@IFPHGOFFICIAL Best IF Photos

@Jonas_Sundt-Bjordal Best IF Photos

@Jacob Best IF Photos

@Qantas094 Airbus A330 Picture

@Nate_Schneller Best IF Photos

@Tyler_Shelton ATC Schedule • 16-22 September 2019

@Cameron Announcing LiveFlight!

@jasonrosewell Announcing LiveFlight!

31 Likes

Happy birthday.
So it’s time for a smashing update!

By the way what is this picture with clouds and thunder?

6 Likes

That was a picture I edited in 2017 :D

2 Likes

When I last checked you can’t see thunder, or I have just been living under a rock for years.

The reason I added it was because it had another aircraft on the side and it just looks cool.

5 Likes

Picture 3…

2 Likes

I honestly reckon you should not use those highly edited pictures. Show the new people who don’t know much about pre global, how much of a difference there was. Don’t use highly edited photos to make it look like there wasn’t much change.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, I will add some new pictures in soon.

1 Like

Not gonna lie, but the 1st and 2nd pictures look so good, better than IF now surprisingly. (Pre Global Live)

If we had the scenery of the old version with some edits like water, IF would be amazing.

3 Likes

Happy anniversary 🎉

2 Likes

I still remember those days. Back then everyone would go to KNUC and land an A380 or B777.

3 Likes

I just did a quick google search on KNUC and look at what the first few pictures are.

3 Likes

What about the Sydney region?

2 Likes

It’s been a pleasure, flying with a diverse range of pilots from all over the world to airports I never knew existed, thanks Infinite Flight, I’ll be still here at the 60th anniversary

2 Likes

It’s crazy how time flies and how many things in the sim have changed. This community and forum have given me thousands of hours of entertainment and I’ll always be thankful for that.

2 Likes

Next month will be Global’s two-year anniversary.

3 Likes

Tbh I wouldn’t be surprised if they released a IF-Live themed surprise update on the anniversary day.

2 Likes

Half Moon Bay was once an international airport. Good ol times. 😂😂😂

2 Likes

Congratulations IF staff team🥳

2 Likes

Fine I will add it, because it’s from Australia.

And because it was a free region…

1 Like