Infinite Flight Rework Stats and Predictions

I was bored this afternoon so I did some research on rework times, and I even calculated a reasonable distance (in years) in which we could see all aircraft reworked.

Here are my estimate times, based on previous works:

STANDALONE GA AIRCRAFT: 4 Months
STANDALONE MILITARY AIRCRAFT: 4 Months
STANDALONE COMMERCIAL AIRCRAFT: 5 Months
MILITARY AIRCRAFT SERIES: One Year
COMMERCIAL AIRCRAFT SERIES: One Year

*Please note this is not official data and it is merely my observations

With the rework times out of the way, I decided to calculate how long it would take to rework ALL GA Aircraft, Commercial Aircraft, Military Aircraft, as well as a grand total. Also note that the grand total factors in other projects such as Project Metal and other future developments.

GA AIRCRAFT

It would take ONE YEAR for Infinite Flight to rework the remaining GA fleet. If we were to account for other projects the team is working on it would likely be around 1.5 years.

COMMERCIAL AIRCRAFT

It would take 92 MONTHS (about 7.2 years) of CONTINUOUS work to complete the remainder of the commercial fleet. If we were to account for other projects the team is working on it would likely be over 10 years.

MILITARY AIRCRAFT

It would take 3 YEARS AND 8 MONTHS of CONTINUOUS work to complete the remainder of our military fleet. If we were to account for other projects the team is working on it would likely be over 4 years.

IT WOULD TAKE A GRAND TOTAL OF ABOUT 15.5 YEARS TO REWORK THE REMAINDER OF OUR FLEET.

*Again please note this is not official data and it is merely my observations

Thanks for taking a look at my little statistics project!

50 Likes

Here is the Google Doc where I documented all of my information: INFINITE FLIGHT REWORK TIMES - Google Docs

Very cool post! Interesting analysis.

2 Likes

Thanks @PilotDog !

2 Likes

Hopefully before 15 years they will have a bigger team to rework more planes at once. But nice charts must have taken a while to make

1 Like

Hopefully I won’t have to wait 10 years for a 717 rework. ._.

Jokes aside, these are some really interesting operations @Alec. Thanks for posting! Now let’s hope you’re wrong and it doesn’t take that long. 😛

5 Likes

I sure hope I am wrong 😂

I’ll be in my mid thirties by then!

2 Likes

That’s pretty quick based on your estimations in all honesty for the amount of work that goes in.

1 Like

Yeah, I went based off the one-year rework time for 777 series and 4-5 months for Cessna/TBM, A350, and A-10. Not super accurate but thats all I have to work with!

It also assumes that they wouldn’t be reworking aircraft simultaneously so the wait time would probably be even quicker.

3 Likes

Yeah, if they just worked all the time on it.

If that was hypothetically true, that would take longer than I have currently been on this planet…

2 Likes

Also they could do reworks like the 757 where they worked on it for a long time while working on another plane. So like 3 weeks. Inbetween 1 or 2 updates

15.5 years? 15.5 YEARS?!

Like what Nico said, I’m sure the development team will have expanded, including other aircraft they’re working on, I’d guess around 10 years in total. But of course, we may be years off. The speculation we’re talking about is 2036. I’ll hopefully have a job at that time. 😂

2 Likes

I might have been pushed into retirement by then! Holy c–p! 😉

Thanks for your research. Nice work!!

If you think about it though, IF continues to one up themselves every time they rework an aircraft. Remember when the CRJs, 787, and MD11/DC10 was brand new and was way more advanced compared to the rest of IFs fleet? Nowadays those aircraft are kind of outdated because they don’t have live cockpits, realistic engine sounds, or cabins (except for the CRJ). So by the time that every aircraft in the sim does get reworked, who knows how outdated the 757 and the 777 is gonna be. I guess we will always be in an endless loop of reworking aircraft.

2 Likes

ight. wake me up in 2036

3 Likes

i hope im still around in 15 years lol. im 27 now and 15 is 42 lol i will be OLD. good analysis. IF is great and so the dev team.