Infinite Flight Releases 3D Buildings

Blog article by Jason Rosewell

In one of its most ambitious updates ever, Infinite Flight has released version 21.1 with 3D buildings and clouds. Until now, Infinite Flight pilots have enjoyed global 15m/pixel satellite terrain imagery, along with other important benchmarks such as multiplayer flight with ATC. The focus has now shifted to an even more immersive experience with 3D objects and updated atmosphere.

Read the full article →

21.1 Release Notes

NEW

• 3D Buildings and objects at 21 airports around the world. Infinite Flight is now even more immersive and takes your simulator experience to new levels in multiplayer and solo modes, and our 3D airport collection will grow quickly!
  • User-configurable cirrus cloud layer
  • ATC approach speed assignments for better arrival flow into controlled airports
  • ATC debrief page when closing a frequency
  • ATC commands such as outside of center airspace warning, and back taxi for tower
  • “Show Username in Flight” can now be changed while in session on select servers
  • 15 new liveries for various aircraft

FIXED

• Missing flight plans for users when the multiplayer server resets
  • Stats not saving after aircraft crash
  • Taxi speed violations after flying in XCub

IMPROVED

• Adding an approach procedure now automatically selects the airport as the final waypoint
  • Added missing PBR textures to older aircraft

337 Likes

FAQs

When is the update available on my device?

We are beginning with a staged release on Android, followed by iOS, to ensure we cover any launch issues smoothly. Please note we don’t know at what time it will reach your device as this is determined by the Play Store.

The update isn’t showing on my Android device

Firstly, please wait as we are rolling out the update and may not be available on your device.

We have also removed support for 32bit devices in this release. If your device isn’t compatible, the update will not show. You can see more about this here:

I have been using the Open Beta version, what should I do now?

Firstly, thank you for your help throughout the Open Beta process! Please read this topic below for more information on how to update to the stable version of 21.1.

I have a question/issue with the new update

Please use the #support category to get help with 21.1.

Thanks for your patience!

80 Likes

Yesss!!! Finally! Thanks IF!😆😍 Now can’t wait for the A330!✈️❤️

30 Likes

Great job to all the developers and alpha/beta testers! Can’t wait to try the new update out!

12 Likes

Wow, finally it has been released. Thanks soo much to all the people who are working behind this update, really appreciate all you do! :D

10 Likes

Wow! nice at last… thanks for this

3 Likes

Let’s go. We’ll I have being in the beta since day 1
Now we can wait for the A333 and maybe more love tou guys good work 💯💯🙏🙏

6 Likes

That photo is 🔥

4 Likes

Yay!

we got it

4 Likes

Awesome, very excited.

4 Likes

Amazing! Outstanding job to all the Developers and staff team in general! Cant wait to fly the reworked A330 when its ready! :3

6 Likes

Great news! Thanks @jasonrosewell for the excellent written piece👌
This is only the beginning of what come next!

4 Likes

Amazing! Nice to see an entire changelog, will definitely give me some ideas what to try out.

2 Likes

Congratulations on releasing 21.1 Infinite Flight. It’s time to get the party started.

The hard work and dedication from you all is insane. Love the Infinite Flight Community and Infinite Flight itself.

13 Likes

Amazing! Great job IF Team! 🔥😍

4 Likes

Is the update for iOS out?

3 Likes

Please read this:

4 Likes

Amazing!! Now time to resubscribe

1 Like

Yesss!!! So happy to hear this today!
Waiting for it to roll out here

2 Likes

When is the update available on my device?

We are beginning with a staged release on Android, followed by iOS, to ensure we cover any launch issues smoothly.

From Jason’s first reply to this thread.

3 Likes