Infinite Flight - Project Wikipedia

Project Wikipedia

Hello Everyone,

I have been working on updating the Infinite Flight Wikipedia page and am looking for people to help me with it. I have been working on adding the update history of Infinite Flight and it is a fact that the IF Wikipedia page needs work. If you are interested please fill out the application make sure you are within the requirements. While the IFC is the main place for all this information to be stored, it is important for the growth of IF to branch out and have their information elsewhere.

Members

Member Role
@TRDubh Leader
@KennedyTurner Member
@ran Member
@Thunderbolt Member
@CaptainClark Member
@JamesQFA380 Member

Requirements

These are the requirements that all members should be within but I will work with people to help them join in any way as all participation is greatly appreciated.

• 13 Years or older

• Have access to Slack

• TL2 or above on the IFC

• Have a Wikipedia account

• Full proficiency in English

Application

Thank you for your interest in Project Wikipedia. If you have met all the requirements, you will be invited to a Slack via email. Please allow 24 hours for me to get back to you.

10 Likes

I have also attempted to do this but the lack of 3rd party sources made it a challenge. Things kept getting rejected by the editing team. I do agree that the page could use more information but If you see the editing conversation for the page, you’ll also see that they really do not like these types of movements.

Have you been in contact with the wikipedia editors?

I have not been. I am personally a high enough trust level on Wikipedia that all my edits on these topics do not have to be approved but I will make it a priority to get in touch with some editors.

Just submitted an application, looking forward to being apart of this!

1 Like

I have also tried to edit the IF page in Wikipedia, never got approved though.

Have a read of this.

1 Like

I’ll get in contact with some Wikipedia editors to work this out. I’m not currently in conflict with any rules and will make sure to keep it that way.

Just signed up!

1 Like

I know that, at least in the past, Wikipedia didn’t like people editing pages who were too close to the information. I know community members have gotten in trouble with Wiki over this in the past as the information on the page could be seen as biased/inaccurate/not factual. Even if it was, people too close to IF, such as its community members, have gotten in trouble for trying to keep this wiki up to date. Do be careful when editing and remember this this, although there are a lot of better sources, such as infiniteflight.com, is an outlet for people to find out about IF and they don’t want to be seeing bad information.

2 Likes

A big source I’ve used so far is the blog account (the old one) to get information on the updates.

1 Like

It coming from Infinite Flight is an issue as far as I know. They need 3rd party sources to verify the validity of the information in order for it to stay.

1 Like

For example, an edit from today was just removed.

I see that an AFKLM Pilot’s French edit has also been completely removed.

I’m afraid that’s also not gonna work…

“The important thing to know about Wikipedia is that we’re an encyclopedia and that all of our content should be based on “reliable, third-party, published sources with a reputation for fact-checking and accuracy”. As an encyclopedia, we write general summaries and that means avoiding trivial details—like pricing, lists of gameplay items/vehicles/places, descriptions of play modes, version histories, etc.—unless those details are something that reliable sources talk a lot about.”

This was taken from:

It’s the lack of other websites to source other then Infinite Flight which is the issue and the trivial information being added in with the pertinent information. There are a few sources that they do accept that have reported on Infinite Flight, but those articles don’t have a ton of substance to work with.

3 Likes

I’ve reached out to some editors to get their take, I’ll update you in the morning.

I’ve applied, can’t wait to help out.

Sadly, I won’t be able to help out. but I will say, that Wikipedia page for IF is outdated! Glad you all are updating it, and I hope to see a great final result.

Bit of an issue with the application page. You have to be 13 years or older. The application page puts it as over 14. I’m putting myself as 14 it I still meet the requirements regarless. @TRDubh

1 Like

Yeah, it’s an issue on my end. I put the requirement as over 13.

Although I’m at 13