Infinite Flight for iOS11 on my iPad Pro has been quitting/glitching out a lot lately. I had two glitch8ng outs just today. Both time I was in the middle of my flight when the app just quit itself. I had enough patience the first time to restart the flight but the second time this happen, I just decided that I’ve had enough and that was the end of that. Let me know if any of you are having the same issue and I hope that the developers can fix whatever the problem is because I don’t have the time and the patience to restart a flight every single time the app self-quits.
Thank you for contacting support! First, don’t panic. We want to help you have the best experience possible. Most issues like slow performance, “lagging”, or crashes are minor and easily resolved. Below are some basic steps taken that may help resolve the issue:
- Keep as much unused internal device memory available. 1GB is the recommended amount.
- Always close other apps before opening Infinite Flight.
- Keep your device fresh by completely restarting device power occasionally.
- Disable active add or message blocking apps.
- Don’t install unapproved apps.
- Don’t modify, “Root”, or “Jailbreak” your device.
- Don’t install IAP unlocking apps like Freedom or LuckyPatcher. They won’t work and can cause problems that aren’t supported.
- Use a strong WiFi network within a relatively close proximity to your device.
- Unplug your modem and WiFi router for about 30 seconds, then plug them back in if online “lag” occurs.
- Disable Anti-Aliasing
- Lower “Show aircraft count live” setting.
- Lower Aircraft or Water graphics setting.
If you try everything above and still have trouble, check to make sure you have the latest firmware update available for device installed. Lastly, we recommend you delete the app, restart device power, then sign into the same account used to purchase the app originally to reinstall.
As a final resort, reset the device to factory settings. Be sure to back up all important data on your device first.
If you still need help or have questions, reply with a brief description of the problem. Include reproducible scenario steps and also device make, model, and current operating system version. Screenshots are welcome so we can better assist you and get you back in the air!
Kind Regards, Sebastian
Ok, thanks for the support!
I marked the three first points, as i think that is the root cause of your issue. A quick way of freeing up RAM is to hold down the power/lock button until you see ”Swipe to turn off”, then you hold down the home button until it returnd you to the home screen.
But sometimes I use Infinite PAX for the soundtrack and the safety announcements so I have to keep it open
You are using an iPad pro, running 2 more apps isn’t going to break everything, just clear your ram and you should be good.
As Kevin said, running PAX along with IF shouldn’t be a problem at all. But try to do as i say to clear up RAM before, and restart your iPad more frequently and you should be good.
Can someone tell me what RAM stands for?
RAM stands for Random Access Memory, you could have just googled it too ;)