Infinite flight nostalgia

Hello people of the IF community, I had a moment of nostalgia earlier when I saw a photo of the “super decathlon” I was wondering if anybody knew what happened to it or what it actually was 🙂
Please reply with your nostalgia for everyone to enjoy and reminisce

8 Likes

I remember it. One of the most outdated planes out there for its time. It was pretty fun to fly around in high winds 😂

What happened to it was that it was unfortunately removed in favour of the XCub as a replacement taildragger.

6 Likes

If we’re going to talk IF nostalgia, lets not forget the Space Shuttle missions

36 Likes

Ah okay thanks for letting me know and contributing to the nostalgia 😂✈️

1 Like

Definitely and the old 744

3 Likes

Realistic strobe lights and beacon lights, that you could see the blink when parked up or taxiing.

Plus, actual water textures.

13 Likes

The days when Sam Clemente would be full to the brim, before we had global

#KNUCforever

14 Likes

Yes OMG I just remembered that 🥰 back when that or TNCM were my go to airports

2 Likes

I used to use it for pattern work in the Midwest to get my landings up 😂

3 Likes

Anyways, my nostalgia would be the SoCal region pre-global flying around from KLAX-KPSP-KSAN-KNUC and the occasional ATC at other airports like KSNA, KONT, KLGB, and KBUR.

3 Likes

So many things, but two things come to mind first. Pre global, and the old water textures. God I miss that water.

4 Likes

Yeah I remember flying around that area but also I enjoyed the old airports in the Heathrow and Gatwick areas

1 Like

Same here I wish they kept the water. Still to this day I go back and watch the old trailer to see it 😍

1 Like

The water :(

6 Likes

I didn’t buy that region, I only bought aircraft mainly. But now we have it all with Pro-Subscriptions!

2 Likes

I bought the Caribbean and I bought the London airports but my favourite thing was when you finally save up enough money to buy your favourite aircraft

2 Likes

KNUC FOR EVER!
I’m contemplating putting a group together to frequently staff the ATC on the training server so it will fill up

4 Likes

A couple nostalgic photos that I took back around 2016:

20170820_112556

It’s hard to believe that it’s the same simulator😂

9 Likes

Ah yes. Back when the 787 was the only aircraft that had wing flex.

4 Likes

Remember when the 787 came out and everyone was happy :)

4 Likes