Infinite Flight No Aircraft Sound

I just updated my iPad to iOS 13 Beta 5, and while playing Infinite Flight, I noticed that everything is normal till someone else or I used any sort of ATC communication. After the ATC communication is done, the plane just goes mute and no sound comes out of it unless I go to my iPad’s home screen and relaunch the app to get back to where I was, the sound returns. But… as soon as someone makes an ATC transmission, bye bye sound again! Is this an iOS 13 Beta 5 problem or an infinite Flight problem?

2 Likes

Hello!

That would be an iOS issue since it’s not present in iOS 12.4. One of the risks with running Beta’s :)

3 Likes

So as @schyllberg said, IOS 13 is still in beta, but maybe we can help find a temporary solution to your problem:)

Scenery Cache would have nothing to do with this, so you have two options maybe more, close IF in the background then restart your device or delete IF and reinstall it and hopefully you do the first one I suggested before the second:)

1 Like

Just a suggestion, have you tried to exit and open the app (not restart), or look I’m the setting of IF and check the volume? Just although it’s probably the BETA.

2 Likes

Tried adjusting the volume in different ways on IF settings, no luck. 😞

1 Like

I’ll try to delete infinite flight and re install it as it’s the only thing I haven’t yet done.

2 Likes

I am not really a tech nerd, @schyllberg since he’s on IOS beta, would he be able to revert back to IOS 12.4?

2 Likes

Not that I’m aware of. Not without going through some extensive procedures, but it’s been a while since i ran iOS Beta.

2 Likes

If you do this it will delete all your replays

1 Like

To get back to 12.4 I’ll have to reset my iPad to factory settings using an IPSW file, then restore a iOS 12.4 back up, which would mean anything I did in the last 1-2 months on my iPad would be gone. 😕

I know… I guess it’ll be worth not having the replays if I get my sound back.

1 Like

Yeah… you can either update them all or what I do is take a few good photos of each one

1 Like

The consistency of this surely suggests this could be an intentional feature of iOS, perhaps linked to how in earlier versions of iOS 13 the engines were muted during an ATC transmission. If this is the case surely it’s worth the development team taking a look at, as they will need to fix it at some point before the release of iOS 13.

You could upload them to iCloud Drive.

Thanks for the warning though, have been meaning to install the next beta but haven’t been bothered. Lol

I have the same issue with iPadOS 13 beta. I know it’s apple we’re talking about, but I don’t think even they are stupid enough to add this as a permanent feature, so my presumption (and hope) would be that this is a glitch. Hopefully it’s sorted out in the next update next week!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.