Infinite Flight Lag - iOS Devices

Hello my fellow pilots! My iPad Mini 1 has been slowing down lately and It is quite hard to play with such amounts of lag. I have made all my settings very low, and I have plenty of device storage/memory to be used. I EVEN turned off all background aps and Infinite Flighr keeps crashing. I was hoping someone could give some advice on how to fix this and how to make my Ipad Mini 1 faster in general. Here is some more info:

- My iPad is 1 1/2 years old
- It runs the latest version of IOS
- I have plenty enough storage to be used by apps (to run)
- My iPad is always charged and I never let it get lower than 10%
- I always turn off background apps when I am done with them
- All of my settings are mostly on “Low” and a few “Medium”, none are “High”

Any help would be much appreciated. And videos or photos would help too! Thanks! And have a great day!

3 Likes

iPad mini 1 is very old. Mini 1 has old chip. Mini 2 and up is better.

3 Likes

Try turning anti-aliasing off and airplane count to medium (assuming you’re on live).

2 Likes

It’s an old device bud but usually settings at low or medium. Like my iPad 2 it lags a lot but I can have some settings on high and no lag.

2 Likes

The iPad Mini 1 doesn’t handle IF well. Part of the reason my brother got the 9.7 inch iPad Pro was because of how badly apps ran on that iPad.

1 Like

It is off, and my airplane count is on low

1 Like

Check your connection.

2 Likes

My connection is pretty good here, I’m on Green all the time

1 Like

I don’t know then

2 Likes

Okay then, thanks for trying, I appreciate any help :)

3 Likes

I have an iPad mini 1 and it sucks, I cannot play on IF, 5-10 minutes into a flight it will crash. My iPad mini ver rarely cooperates, that’s why I got the iPad Pro. It’s a very old iPad I have had it for about 2-3 years.

2 Likes

Man we are so alike…do you know anything that can make my iPad faster?

1 Like

Try restarting your iPad before every flight. That’s the best you can do.

2 Likes

Eh…too expensive. Hey, looks like you have alot of 💰…You ARE American Airlines…right?

2 Likes

I try, that doesnt work either

1 Like

Not really, unless you upgrade to Mini 2, 3, or 4. I have so much space, but it still crashes most things are on low, and it still crashes, I am in the same situation as you, the only things I can tell you is to get a new iPad. The prosecutor in the mini 1 is old and can be slow, especially with IF trying to give you an amount of extreme realism the chip can’t handle. I think the only solution here is to get a new iPad…

5 Likes

No restarting won’t work, I’ve done that countless times…

2 Likes

Alright, thanks for your help!

1 Like

No problem, happy to help 😀

2 Likes

iPad mini 1 can runs the latest iOS stupidly, that’s why I don’t upgrade even I have an iPad Air ( iOS 8.4.1 ) it runs well : )

2 Likes