Hello I am having a problem with my long distance flight. When I schedule the SBGR-EGLL flight, when I wake up 2 hours before, I find that the app has stopped. I always loved to make this flight long but now I’m not able to finish the flight because at dawn the application stopped at some point. I searched here for something similar to my situation and did what folks had suggested. I tried and did not succeed. Believe me I tried everything until I restarted the device from factory mode and the problem goes. I tried on both devices that I have Ipad Air 1 and Ipad Mini II and still have problem. After the last update, this problem. I stopped using Secondary apps like In-Flight Assistant for example and I left the graphics all low and still have the same problem.
I hope you will help me solve and discover what is happening. I will be available any extra information you need.
Thank you very much
Maybe a notification popped up and that caused it to stop? It’s happened to me too many times
@TimShan05 OK!! I’ll try this I’ll see if it resolves, but I would like to know when you took notifications if solved the problem.
Yes, it did, occasionally one from settings comes up and you can’t do anything about it
Understand. I will try what you say if you stop I put your suggestion as solved! Thank you so much for your attention =)
This normally happens because your device can’t handle the flight and this can be because:
- Graphic settings too high for device
- Device crash From bug
- Phone call or notification (as said above)
I highly recommend turning the in-game “Low power mode” for Long haul flights, and to lower your sound, brightness, and graphic setting as much as possible to make it easier for your device to handle IF.
Yes! Already tried all that you said the problem continues. I had spotted a person with similar problem and had similar suggestion as yours, but thanks for trying to help but already tried it.
Well I recommend taking a look at the following steps and see if any might help:
What do I do if I experience app crashes or lag?
General tips regardless of device:
- Turn Limit Frame Rate ON (box should be ticked) if you notice that your device tends to heat up or if you are experiencing lag. A device that heats up too much is more likely to suffer performance degradation which could lead to lag and app crashes.
- Infinite Flight doesn’t take up a specific amount of storage, it can change depending on the area you’re flying in etc. We therefore recommend that you always have at least 1GB of storage available on your device.
- Before longer flights, it is advised to reboot your device and close any apps running in the background to enhance your experience.
- It is possible to fly and charge the device at the same time. The key to this is to use less power than being charged. One way to accomplish this is lower your screen brightness and ensure Infinite Flight’s low power mode is enabled.
- Disable active ad or message blocking apps
- Don’t modify, “Root”, or “Jailbreak” your device
- Use a strong WiFi network within a relatively close proximity to your device
- Lower Infinite Flight graphics and performance settings
- Lower the Rendering Resolution setting.
- Disable Anti-Aliasing.
- Lower the Rendering Quality setting.
- Lower the Texture Quality setting.
At any point if you’re experiencing decreased performance, “Limit frame rate” should always be ticked. This setting can have a great negative impact on performance unless your device is considered high performance.
General iOS tips:
- One great thing to do before launching Infinite Flight, is to perform a soft restart of the device. This is a quick and reliable way of making sure your device is operating at peak efficiency. This is done by holding down the power/lock button until you see “Slide to power off”. Then hold down the home button until you’re returned to the home screen. For iOS devices without a Home button, a restart is recommended as the soft restart feature does not exist on those.
- Make sure you don’t have “Low power mode” on your iPhone. If you have, the battery icon in the top right corner is yellow. This can be deactivated from Settings → Battery, or from “Control Center” depending on how you have it set up. Having “Low power mode” enabled while using Infinite Flight could result in a performance degradation.
Note : This is not the same as “Low power mode” in Infinite Flight. This is a device function.
General Android tips:
- Make sure you have Android Battery Saver disabled. Having this enabled can cause a lot of degradation in terms of both storage, performance and network.
- Newer Android devices may work fine with Anti-Aliasing on. Turning this off can help performance for older/less powerful Android models.
- Some devices (ie Samsung) may have a Game Tuner app to enhance the performance of games. While some users have not seen an issue there is a number who have. It is best to run IF by itself instead of through a game tuner.
If none of the suggestions above helps:
As a final resort, reset the device to factory settings. Be sure to back up all important data on your device first.
From the support faq
His app isn’t crashing, it just deactivates
Crash and deactivation is the same thing. One way or another his app stops working.
Well yeah but when a notification comes up the app sort of pauses its self and it doesn’t progress anymore and hen when it goes away it resumes (for me at least) and I think it might be the same for him
This issue is most likely that you’re trying to flights your device can’t handle. 12hr flights with devices that just barely meets the minimum device requirements is not something you can expect I’m afraid. As your device is aging, it’s performance is deteriorating that unfortunately leads to issues like this.
Could you tell which minimum requirements?
Hello! Both of your devices are unfortunately the oldest ones that are supported.
- 64 bit device
- iOS 10 operating system or later
- Click here to see full list of iOS devices supported at this time.
I’ll try this later, but it’s making perfect sense. Thanks for the infomation @schyllberg =)
Be sure to lower everything in the settings and turn off anto liasing and also turn down your brightness because I have the same problem sometimes it crashes but this usually works
You’re like the 3rd to say the same thing now ;)