Infinite flight is experiencing connectivity issues

Hi there. My daughter has purchased this last night and all was working on and off, when she restarted her ipad it would work, but now even with restarts its not connecting. Any ideas on how we can go about fixing this, especially if its an ipad issue rather a game issue. WE are not tech savvy so would love some ideas. many thanks, Laura

2 Likes

Hey!

Thanks for contacting us for some help, I will be glad to do some problem solving with you.

Can you confirm the iPad model, software version and whether your Wi-Fi has a solid connection or can be intermittent in areas your daughter uses the app?

Hello!

To resolve your issue, please try the following steps:

• Relaunch Infinite Flight (make sure you stop it from running in the background first)

• Before starting a new flight, within Infinite Flight, go to Settings — General — & Tap “Clear scenery cache”. It’s at the bottom of the list.

• Also try to log out then back in on your account

• Then try to start another flight.

Note: In some rare cases, the steps above aren’t enough. If that should be the case, you will have to reinstall Infinite Flight.

Also, are you trying to fly on solo or online? Is your wifi connection strong?

What is your device model?

1 Like

Hi Mags and 2003iggy. We tried clearing the scenery cache and it has started working again :) Many thanks for all of your help. Can I ask, what is the scenery cache and how does clearing it fix the issue? Cheers :)

1 Like

Lol how is caching related to connection problems???

1 Like

Hard to tell. Could have been something corrupt in the cache that was trying to refresh causing an issue.

3 Likes

Like Chris said here :

That’s why it’s so useful FDS added an ability to clear cache from within the app - sometimes programs get something wrong and they dont work as well when that happens.

Think of it like having a messy hand written note and trying to write over it which makes it uglier - so it’s better to just clean it off and start again :)