Infinite Flight in actual flight

So, this week I had a small flight from VOBL to VABB (1hr 30 min) in real life and decided I will fly the same route, same airline and the same plane, from the same runway, gate and to the same runway, gate while in flight.
But the flight had no internet access.
So I took out my spare phone and opened the compass app. It was also giving me realtime gyroscope and accelerometer readings. Pilot also announced the cruising altitude before takeoff and was updating us on the speed, distance to destination, expected time and altitude once in a while. Since I had flown this route several times before I had loaded up my flight path based on one of the previous flights in the same route.

Based on all info I tried my best to fly just as the real plane was flying. My aim was to land within give or take few minutes following the actual flight.
To my surprise we were put on a pattern before landing thrice. Based on compass and accelerometer readings, I tried to do that as well

There are certain landmarks that come on the way that were pretty familiar to me and IF also shows those landmarks, just slightly blurry.
Amazingly, I was able to hit every refernce landmark point almost at the same time as the real flight.
At the end I touched down just 20 seconds before the actual flight.
This was one of my best flights, and just goes to show how amazing IF is.
Kudos to the developers and the community for making this such a wonderful experience.

Do you folks have any similar stories, I am sure everyone would love to hear.

PS: Apologies for the broken English.

34 Likes

Wow that’s amazing that it was that accurate! Definitely going to this this summer on my trip!

2 Likes

That’s fantastic! That’s exactly why Global has propelled this flight simulator into a whole new dimension. I can’t get enough of it! It’s great to have you here aswell, enjoy your stay and if you need any help with anything let me know.

5 Likes

I tried doing that on my Delta flight, but then I realized wifi isn’t free… )-:

3 Likes

That is really cool to hear. I’m thinking about trying this now. It’s amazing what Infinite Flight can let you do with its accuracy!

2 Likes

Some Delta Flights have free WiFi for First Class.

2 Likes

Well i gues mine did not ):
(It was a MD-88 delivered in the ‘80’s):

1 Like

Its Simulator for a reason… to simulate real world flight and Infinite Flight just does that. Most of us here on the community know this. What would be really beneficial would be if you posted this testimonial on the app store as a review for other possible customers to see. Let others know how well the simulator works and how exciting it is!

5 Likes

Really nice thread! And good job on replicating Your actual flights’ parameters to IF.

This just proves IF has improved by leaps and bounds since global came out.

3 Likes

can you please elaborate which compass app you used and how did you recorded your flight. i’ve a flight next month from vecc to vobb. will try to replicate. i feel i can do that with flight radar once my flight is landed. i can check the replay of the flight.

2 Likes

Compass is a default app on Samsung Edge devices.
And sensor readings you can get from Samsung with #0# from your dialer.

1 Like

“First Class.” Looks in wallet and fly flies out Yep looks like I’m sitting on Spirit. Time to get the back brace…

How can you access if without internet?

I started flight when on ground. To continue flying did not need internet at all.

But i thought that IF stream the terrain on the internet? Any errors?

Since the flight was started on the ground, an internet connection was most likely available. The region that VOBL is in, was loaded on the ground. Since WiFi was unavailable later during the flight, other regions could not be loaded, however VOBL and VABB are in close proximity and therefore an internet connection during the flight was probably not needed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.