Whenever I fly in global the app freezes and crashes shortly afterwards. It usually happens mid-flight or when I’m near my destination. I have an ipad air 2 and I only have three other games on it. Infinite flight always worked perfectly smooth before the global update. My memory is nearly empty so I guess that can’t be the problem. I tried a soft and hard reset of my ipad but the problem keeps occuring. My graphics settings are medium and anti-aliasing is turned off. The crashing also happens with low settings. Can somebody help me? (I’m getting desperate 😭)
Thank you for contacting support! We are here to help you have the best experience possible and ask that review the information below to better troubleshoot your experienced lag and crashes. Below are some basic steps taken that may help resolve the issue:
- Keep as much unused internal device memory (RAM) available. 1GB is the recommended amount
- Always close other apps before opening Infinite Flight
- Keep your device fresh by completely restarting device power occasionally
- Disable active add or message blocking apps
- Don’t install unapproved apps
- Don’t modify, “Root”, or “Jailbreak” your device
- Don’t install IAP unlocking apps
- Ensure Text to Speech (TTS) is enabled on Android devices
- Use a strong WiFi network within a relatively close proximity to your device
- Unplug your modem and WiFi router for about 30 seconds, then plug them back in if online “lag” occurs
- Disable Anti-Aliasing
- Lower Infinite Flight graphics and performance settings
If you try everything above and still have trouble, check to make sure you have the latest firmware update available for your device installed. Lastly, we recommend you delete the app, restart device power, then sign into the same account used to purchase the app originally to reinstall.
As a final resort, reset the device to factory settings. Be sure to back up all important data on your device first.
If you still need help or have questions, reply with a brief description of the problem. Include reproducible scenario steps and also device make, model, and current operating system version. Screenshots are welcome so we can better assist you and get you back in the air!
Also to add onto what @schyllberg said, try and hide the mini map in cockpit view. The devs have stated that the mini map kills performance and makes the app crash.
I’m afraid I tried al these steps already, but thank you for your help and your fast reply. I’ll wait for a hotfix then as many people have the same problem as me.
Yes. They have located an issue that will be fixed and pushed in a coming hotfix.
I’ll try that, thanks!
The same thing is happening to me. PLEASE FIX IT!
Caps Lock won’t solve it quicker.
The developers are working hard to fix all the issues that have surfaced. A hotfix for this will come.
When will the notfix be coming?
Not known at the moment. But very soon i hope.