Infinite Flight Global, Beginner

Hey there IF community so I’ve been playing Infinite Flight for the past 4 months and honestly I couldn’t be more satisfied.

Yesterday I officially purchased my first IF Pro Subscription (1 Month) and it’s been a blast, I’m honestly so happy and I’m really enjoying the Simulator even more

Flying online has been quite exciting, but flying alone is a bit boring. Since I just begun, I’m obviously in Casual Server.

Would anyone like to fly with me wherever you’d like, whichever aircraft and whichever Livery❓

And I was also wondering, why am I unable to see other aircrafts

My “Aircraft count” is on “High” and my Graphics settings are all on “Low”

What could the issue be❓

4 Likes

Welcome to Global!

You’re more than welcome to create a topic in #live:groupflights. Please read the category rules beforehand.

How strong is your internet connection?

2 Likes

It’s usually 50Mbps+

Welcome to Global! Glad you could have the delight of purchasing a pro subscription! I began playing Infinite Flight from 2014, then got a subscription in February 2019, and haven’t had Sunday without it since. It’s an outstanding experience from when you purchase Pro.

I’d suggest taking a look at #ground-school:community-tutorials as you make your way up the game, learning the essentials to flying online, and as you make it to the Training and Expert Server, learning how to cooperate with Air Traffic Control, and abide by the system restrictions which are shown below, this applies to the Training Server and Expert Server. Also if you aren’t aware, everyone can control on the Training Server, so service may not be at best, but on the Expert Server controllers are trained and take exams to control, working together as a team to provide the best service.

Taken from the ATC Manual

The User Guide is a great say to learn how to fly, alongside using ATC, with in built video tutorials it comes in super handy. Trust me it will surprise you how much you don’t actually know about the game and how to fly in it when you start reaching the two higher servers 😅, it happens to us all. If you have any questions extra don’t be afraid to ask the community, or feel free to PM me, my inbox is always open and I’m regularly active.

It may depend what other aircraft are downloaded locally on your device, if it’s a newer aircraft itll tend to take a while to download and spawn in. This should reduce over time. You can go into Settings > Live > Aircraft Count, to change the amount of aircraft that will spawn in based on their distance to you in game. The more aircraft, the more pressure the game puts on the gameplay quality. Aircraft tend to show within a range of about 10nm and start from the closest to you.

And finally, a few notes for realistic flying, if you’re looking for a real commercial route to fly, I’d extremely suggest taking a look at Flightconnections.com to find a real route, airline, and flight number. I also use Flightradar24 to find the flight information. Without a subscription it is difficult with the current aviation situation.

When creating a long IFR flight plan I’d also take a look at fpltoif.com/simbrief, which will provide global flight plans, and tell you the amount of fuel to use in each aircraft you select, alongside the expected flight time If you follow the Mach speed shown, where the time will usually be about 15 minutes accurate either way longer or shorter than shown.

Apologies for the super long lecture, but I hope I can make your experience in flying a lot better! I can’t believe I spent 30 minutes typing and linking useful sites with this 😳

4 Likes

I have a lot of experience with infinite flight I have been flying ever since 2013 . If you need any help please dm me I will gladly help.

1 Like

Thanks very much😊

I will practice as much as I can in this month.

1 Like

This happened to me about 4 months ago and all I could see were the little squares that represented other aircraft. Unfortunately I can’t remember what I did to load the other aircraft but I think if you just muck around either the aircraft count and those settings, they will “jump into life!” I hope this helps and remember about the group flights category ;)

If your still struggling to load other aircraft in, then you can always make a #support topic and get some help from everyone else in the community

1 Like

I downloaded at least 1 livery of each aircraft and I am now able to see other planes as they should be😁😁

1 Like

Thanks very much I shall DM if anything comes up😊

I would recommend you fly the A359 and B772 ER since these were recently reworked aircraft.

1 Like

Ofc we can lmao,just tell me your discord if you have :)

OK, let me look into the specs and I’ll try it out.

Welcome to global! I believe most questions have been answered already 😂. If you want a more realistic experience, you can always go to Training or Expert once you have enough stats. Just fly often and you’ll get there in no time!

If you’re ever in the need of fun flights, PM me and we can do a groupflight together, I have some great flight ideas. 😉

1 Like

I plan to get to Grade 2 by Saturday

Excited to fly with you😆😁

2 Likes

Mate feel free to PM and we can do some flights in South Africa or if you want somewhere else. -Niklaas

1 Like

Whoooow, that’s even better

I’m from South Africa😂😂😁😁

Hopefully next time South Africa is featured on the ATC Schedule you will be Grade 3!

1 Like

@Juan_Oosthuizen is from Jo’Burg and I’m from Durban. You can message us anytime if you want to chat!

2 Likes

I live in Pretoria Jared😂

5 Likes

Yep🤩🤩I’m really looking forward to joining expert server and I’ll practice till I make it😁

1 Like