Infinite Flight Fuel Burns (Estimates): XCub & TBM Added!

It’s interesting you mention this. I was messing around with the speeds last night and between .85 and .87 its a minimal difference in terms of the burn. .85 - .87 is where the sweet spot is. I suppose it depends how much faster do you want to fly. 🙂

2 Likes

Thank you, this will help tremendously with time as it seems I’m on the ground more just trying to do calculations.

3 Likes

Thank you DC. Now I don’t need to guess and make an unexpected stop lol.

1 Like

I think the 77L numbers are a little high. It should have the same-ish fuel burn as the 777-300ER as both aircraft are essentially identical save for fuselage length. The 77L numbers should be a little lower, though I might do a little testing on my own to validate that.

1 Like

Wow man! Thanks so much! Just saw this. This will help with a ton of the calculations when fueling up for flights. Thanks again!

These were just the numbers that were pulled from the weight and balance screen. The only numbers that I calculated were the speeds. But by all means please validate the numbers and let me know what needs to be changed. This sheet will be a work in progress until we can find a happy medium. 😃

1 Like

Now that the MD11/DC10 aircraft are soon to hit the market, I’ll be adding those aircraft fuel burns and speeds into the chart in the next 24hrs or so. Hopefully sooner. As always if anyone thinks that any of these numbers could be different such as economy speed let me know and I can make the necessary changes.

4 Likes

Thank you so much!!!

2 Likes

The estimates have been added for the newly released aircraft. If you folks think that these number are off or need to be adjusted, let me know. Thanks!

2 Likes

In real life, the MD-11 can fly farther tho.

1 Like

Just finished EGLL to KLAX with md11 10h 3min with a speed of .85 mach. Used 60 tons of fuel. Started at 90% load and had headwind the whole journey so i dont think that 12h is even close to truth as i had 40 tons left when i landed

It can? Documentation or actual numbers supporting your claims would go a long way. (no pun intended) 😊

2 Likes

Just for the sake of realism, the MMO for the Airbus A320 Family is M0.82 and ECON speed is usually mach 0.78 (obviously environmental factors apply) Not sure if your building these numbers just for IF or also a bit of realism :) I got the FCOM to back those numbers if you wanted to see them.

Happy Holidays!

Since global has been released, the speeds on the thread have been a go-to for choosing my cruising speed. Extremely useful (and accurate) @DeerCrusher , many thanks for the time you put into making this!

1 Like

Glad to hear it is of use. As you could expect, I’ll be updating this when the CRJ rework is completed. That’ll be fun to work on. 😊

1 Like

this is amazing and really a huge effort. salute and thanks to you mr DeerCrusher…

1 Like

This is kinda out there but if you happen to fly on casual and have no speed limit the A333’s eco cruise speed is mach 1.2-1.25 at FL 420-440. It burns the same fuel but you can fly 50% farther

1 Like

Wow, I’ve used this chart for literally every single flight I’ve done after I found it. I use it mostly for the Economy cruise speeds, but also the fuel burn per hour!

Thanks @DeerCrusher!

1 Like

@DeerCrusher what was the altitude you used on the c130H?

Cruising altitude used was between FL230 and FL250.

1 Like