Feature Request – Infinite Flight Frequent Flyer Program
Please note, I have run this idea past a couple mods and there is general support between those I’ve checked with with regard to this request, which is why I’m posting…
A lot of pilots in Infinite Flight care a lot about their grade level. I also understand that a lot of pilots also don’t care very much. As IFATC, I am also aware that Grade level does not equal skill level. However, I think this feature request idea would excite those who do care, and possibly motivate those who currently don’t to become motivated.
Over Labor Day weekend I went to visit my parent’s house. My Dad had flown over a million miles on United throughout his working career. I knew he had flown a million miles, but I had never seen the neat package United gave him for this accomplishment until my visit. This packet included a neat card and benefits of being a life-long United customer who had reached that goal.
For those who have reached grade 5, there isn’t much else to shoot for other than to keep up your minimum requirements.
This request is to add career club level tiers beyond Grade 5 for Infinite Flight pilots.
I think it would be neat if we had the following tiers:
Infinite Flight Million XP Club
Infinite Flight Silver Status
Infinite Flight Gold Status
Infinite Flight Platinum Status
I know there is much debate about minimum requirements for Grade 3, 4 & 5. So if this were worked on to be implemented by FDS, there should be discussion about what the requirements for each tier status would be.
Since these are Infinite Flight ‘career’ goals, the following should be taken into consideration:
Obviously a million XP to be part of the first tier.
Initial thoughts for additional tiers…please know I’m not familiar with how many users outside of Mods/Devs have reached the following….
- Silver - 2 million XP
- Gold - 4 million XP
- Platinum - 7 million XP
This would have to be significantly more than the minimum requirements for Grade 5. Initial thoughts are…
- Million XP Tier – 1500
- Silver Tier – 2500
- Gold Tier – 3500
- Platinum Tier - 5000
Career Landings to Violation Ratio
To be part of a tier, you need to have achieved a minimum landing to violations ratio.
If a ratio can’t be calculated into a specific tier level, then perhaps a maximum career violations threshold can be implemented. Initial thoughts are…
- Million XP Club - 150 career violations
- Silver Tier – 200 career violations
- Gold Tier - 300 career violations
- Platinum Tier – 400 career violations
The maximum number of career violations would be INCREASED as you move up tiers, as we all make mistakes from time to time. It’s also expected that the more you fly, the more likely it is you will accrue a violation.
Landings/flight time in the Past 90 days
I realize this may be controversial, but I think in order to keep your status that you must be an active pilot. However, since these are career focused goals I don’t think they should be as intense as maintaining Grade 5 status. Yes, this means you can be a Gold Tier Member, but if you don’t maintain it you can be dropped back to a grade 3.
Initial thoughts for this are…
- Million XP Club – Grade 3 minimums (1 hour, 5 landings)
- Silver – 5 Hours, 20 Landings
- Gold – 15 Hours, 30 Landings
- Platinum – 30 hours, 40 landings
What potential rewards could be offered for reaching each tier level? I don’t work for FDS, but I think different colored tags indicating your earned career status as well as a nominal discount off subscriptions and/or giveaways aren’t a bad idea.
- Million XP Club – Infinite Flight logo colors tag. 0.5% off next monthly or 1% off next yearly subscription. Million XP Club certificate e-mailed to pilot.
- Silver Tier – Silver colored tag. 1% off next monthly or 2% off next yearly subscription. Silver Tier Certificate E-mailed to pilot. 1 additional month of Infinite Flight added on to your current subscription for free.
- Gold Tier – Gold colored tag. 2% off next monthly/3% off next yearly subscription. Gold tier certificate e-mailed to pilot. 2 months of Infinite Flight added on to your current subscription for free.
- Platinum Tier – Platinum colored tag. 3% off next monthly/4% off next yearly subscription. Platinum certificate e-mailed to pilot. Infinite Flight limited edition Platinum Status T-Shirt mailed to pilot. 3 months of Infinite Flight added on to your current subscription for free.
I appreciate your thoughts and feedback.