Infinite Flight freezes

Whenever I do long-haul flights, IF always ends up freezing mid-flight. I use an iPhone X but I was wondering if it could have something to do with my WiFi as I noticed that my WiFi is disconnected when IF freezes.

1 Like

While doing long haul flights, it is highly advised to reduce your graphic settings. That’s the first step to prevent crashing.

• Turn limit Frame rate ON.

• Reduce the graphic rendering settings to medium.

• Turn OFF Anti-Aliasing.

Most importantly, lower your brightness to avoid device overheating. That’s only advice for Long Haul flights as some people do fly over night.

1 Like

My device isn’t hot at all when it freezes though so I’m pretty sure it’s not because my phones overheating.

Sure. Please make sure you don’t have any background apps running. And as stated above you can also lower your graphic settings.

No background apps and all the steps you’ve said except for the render settings I’ve already done.

1 Like

It is recommended to restart your device before any long haul flight. Make sure you disable message or ad blocking apps. You should also try reducing the texture settings. But the settings above should do.

General iOS tips:

• One great thing to do before launching Infinite Flight, is to perform a soft restart of the device. This is a quick and reliable way of making sure your device is operating at peak efficiency. This is done by holding down the power/lock button until you see “Slide to power off”. Then hold down the home button until you’re returned to the home screen. For iOS devices without a Home button, a restart is recommended as the soft restart feature does not exist on those.
  • Make sure you don’t have “Low power mode” on your iPhone. If you have, the battery icon in the top right corner is yellow. This can be deactivated from Settings -> Battery, or from “Control Center” depending on how you have it set up. Having “Low power mode” enabled while using Infinite Flight could result in a performance degradation.
    Note : This is not the same as “Low power mode” in Infinite Flight. This is a device function.

I do reset my device before my long haul flights already and my device shows no signs of lagging or overheating when it freezes. Is it possible that this could have something to do with my WiFi disconnecting at the same time?

1 Like

I am not really sure. If the Wi-Fi disconnects, you should be disconnected from the Live Servers instead of Infinite Flight crashing.

Actually, there are known issues with the app misbehaving when the connection is acting up. Not in a consistent way though, as you can toggle flight mode without any issues. But if the actual internet connection is acting up, the app may crash or freeze. But tricky to reproduce as it requires a bad connection…

2 Likes

Yeah, my WiFi is quite bad so I assume that this is probably the cause.

Did Infinite Flight freeze once or multiple times during your flights?

No, when IF freezes it will never unfreeze unless I restart the app, which means I can’t continue my flight.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.