Infinite Flight Forum Awards 2017 Statement
Hello fellow pilots of the Infinite Flight Community,
The IFFA would like to make a few comments about this past year. 2017 was surely a year to remember for the world of Infinite Flight. Global Flight, the long awaited update was released, as well as a new UI and multiple new aircraft. This past year, we decided to remake the IFFA into something better. However, we have received feedback that we plan to change for the coming years.
New guidelines taking effect for 2018 Forum Awards:
- Users will only be able to be nominated for 3 categories (maximum). This includes the user’s topics.
- A team of new staff members will be introduced for the upcoming year. This will be in place to ensure proper and more professional communication between users.
- Topics and post from previous years will not be accepted during the nomination time period. 2018 IFFA will only be posts and topics from 2018.
- Categories will be reduced in number and have less user friendly categories removed.
- Users will be able to give more feedback on the 2017 categories for future reference.
- A new website will be introduced in the coming months.
- Longer nomination periods.
- Same nomination sheet for all trust levels.
We look to improve the 2018 forum awards to the best of our ability. 2017 was really a year for us to gather information on how we can make the next year better. We also want to ensure you that all results were closely examined, and no bias took place. Voting options were only based on the nomination sheet. 2018 has a lot to offer, so see you soon!
To give us more feedback on the 2017 Infinite Flight Forum Awards, and give us suggestions for 2018, please click HERE.
To give us some feedback on the 2017 categories, request new categories, and request old categories to be removed, please click HERE.
To apply to become apart of the IFFA staff, please click HERE. NOTE: We are only looking for a limited number of staff, and they will only be seasonal.
Timeline for 2018 Infinite Flight Forum Awards
November 7th, 2018 - Nomination categories will be released.
November 14th, 2018 - Nomination sheet will be released.
December 14th, 2018 - Nominations will be closed.
December 21st, 2018 - Voting form will be released.
December 31st, 2018 - Voting form will be closed.
January 2nd, 2019 - Results will be released, along with 2018 statement.
This timeline will be updated with various release dates, including the website release date
Infinite Flight Forum Awards | 2017 Edition | Results
This year, over 50 people nominated, while almost 150 people voted. We would like to thank everyone for their contribution to the Infinite Flight Forum Awards.
- Best #general topic - All Confirmed Global Features // Global Q&A
- Best #real-world-aviation:spotting Topic - Spotting @ ORD (Yes, finally)
- Best Event of the Year - Come see who is titled “Fastest in the Land”- 222200ZDEC17
- Best #live Topic - Global Flight | Testers Tracking Thread
- Best #real-world-aviation Topic - A spotter's guide to photographing aviation.
- Best #features request - Landing/Taxi Lights illuminate the ground
- Best IFC Meme - Warm Regards, Chief 305
- Funniest Post - MishaCamp’s - Reported for no reason
- Best Post - Laura’s - How did you get into Infinite Flight?
Best Overall Topic - Update is out!
- Best Artist - @Kirito_77
- Best Photographer - @JRRaviation
- Best Infinite Flight Screenshoter - @Wyn2x
- Best Regular - @DeerCrusher
- Jackbot 2017 - @BalloonChaser
- Best Expert ATC - @GHamsz
- Best Profile Picture - @schyllberg
- Best Profile Bio - @dush19
- Best User Saying @maxmustang - MaxSez
- Most Helpful User (Non-staff, mod) - @Chief305
- Best new staff-mod member - @Levet
- Most-Loved Moderator - @MishaCamp
- Funniest Moderator - @MishaCamp
- Most Strict Moderator - @schyllberg
- Forum Contributor of the Year - @DeerCrusher
- User of the Year - @DeerCrusher
- Best Virtual Airline - Delta Virtual Airlines (DLVA)
- Best Third Party App - @Cameron: LiveFlight
- Best Third Party Contribution - Infinite Flight Airport Editing
- Best Organization - IFVARB
- Best Airport Editor - @Dush19
- Best Youtube Channel - Infinite Flight
- Best Social Media Page - Lauraviatrix
- Best New Feature - Global Flight
- Best DC-10/MD11 Livery - Fedex | MD11
- Most-Loved Region of Global - United States of America