Infinite Flight Dovetail Box

After a while if playing Infinite Flight, I decided to show my love for it by creating this box
20171214_22000420171214_214953

20171214_215619_Richtone(HDR)

A little random, I know, but I’m just wanting to know what you guys think about it. The box uses dovetail joints, which take a while to make, and make the box a lot better quality.

I understand what this is not entirely Infinite Flight related, but I was also wondering if you guys have ever made anything IRL to show your love for IF. If you have, then feel free to show us here!

57 Likes

This is absolutely amazing! Did you engrave the logo?

3 Likes

That’s a pretty cool box! Did you hand craft it?

1 Like

Can I buy one? That looks so cool!

3 Likes

Lazer printed. Had to vector the logo by putting it through a computer program.

4 Likes

This is awesome! Wood look great on my wooden desk!

See what I did there? ;)

12 Likes

That makes sense I have done that before

Haha there is only one lol. It took a long time to make!

2 Likes

I can only imagine! I am personally planning to make something for IF

1 Like

Basically a vector image is just like any other image, but has infinite resolution as it uses formulae to calculate curves

E.g a text character is a vector as it is infinitely scalable

1 Like

Feel free to post it here once you are done!

1 Like

Ahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

hilarious

Edit: had to add a smiley face as this could look aggressive lol. Here you go: :-)

2 Likes

I for Sure will! I am almost done with the design process and will begin construction in January as I have a vacation where I can’t build anything

1 Like

All hand work. No machinery except for the logo which was lazer cut.

2 Likes

Wow! Looks great! :)

2 Likes

Thanks! Love all the positive replies! I wasn’t sure how people would react

1 Like

I’m making a light project for my local airport. Perhaps I will laser cut a little IF Logo onto the base 😜. That box looks great, good woodwork aswell.

1 Like

That’s some amazing craftsman ship. Love the use of pine, and the plywood doesn’t look half bad either. Little suggestion, if you have any gaps between the dovetails, mix a bit of sawdust and wood glue together and just run it over the top until the gap is filled. Wipe away any glue and you’re done.
If you plan to take it up a notch, I would recommend wood wax over varnish. Varnish darkens the wood but wax brings up the grain a little more and gives it less of a shiny look (which personally I dislike)
But great job ;)

1 Like

Hyped to see the results!

1 Like

that is class. i tried to make a box once and failed, its harder than you would think so well done!! What are you gonna use it for??

1 Like