Infinite flight difficulty

Would you guys say infinite flight is a hard game? For someone who knows nothing about planes do you think they would struggle?

8 Likes

Yes it is hard starting off practice is key need to get used to taking off and landing it can be very difficult for people starting off.

7 Likes

very much.

1 Like

If he likes to learn things about flying, at first it will be difficult but he will learn easily.

2 Likes

Not really. Once you get hold of the basics, it’s pretty easy later on.

Landings might take a little practice, you can do it on solo. Crosswind operations too. You can also practise flying a low-visibility ILS after adjusting the weather.

It’s just that maybe you have to stay away from a few planes when still a beginner:

A340
A380
747, especially the 400 and 8
SR22
C17 Globemaster

The physics are old and all messed up, so it’s a little hard for new pilots.

5 Likes

It’s definitely a game that will take a lot of time to master. If you are serious about aviation wand want to fly realistically, then I recommend checking out some of the tutorials. It’s not necessarily a hard game to play, but it requires practice.

4 Likes

For beginners, I think that IF might be scary at first but I think that Solo and the User Guide are great tools for newcomers to better understand all things IF and aviation. Plus we have this community with years worth of valuable #ground-school:community-tutorials and topics with discussions from users from varying experience levels. There’s an abundance of community members that have even gone on to get their Private Pilot License and Commercial License.

7 Likes

IF is clearly a hardcore sim and we love it

4 Likes

For sure. For instance me, I loved aviation before I played IF, so when I first played, I was still a bit lost, but I was determined to learn, and I did. I’ve learned so much about aviation from flight sims and especially IF.

2 Likes

its not really hard because of all the tutorial available on the forum, user guide and youtube channel. Also theres always something to lean on and improve.

2 Likes

Yes it is quite a difficult game to play at first but practice makes perfect ;)

1 Like

I can personally say for me it’s was really hard a the beginning because I was not the best in English, and I didn’t know really anything there was not many tutorials in 2014 then I teach myself by my own, and I would be better after a few months/years.
I can say if you are new it’s really hard but after a few months of flying it will be easier :)

2 Likes

My brother knows nothing about planes. He tried landing in a 172. the outcome was a landing with multiple 100 ft bounces.

1 Like

the 747-8 has some serious traction issues. the physics are also messed up. i would not recommend the 747-8 to beginners.

1 Like

Infinite flight is the easiest “real” flight sim. It has no startup stuff, no failures, no FMC programming at all, etc.

2 Likes

Flight sim as a whole can be difficult for those that have little previous knowledge. With that being said, Infinite Flight is rather simple compared to some other flight simulators.

With the right resources (IFC, user guide, YouTube tutorials) a newbie can find their way quite nicely. This is one of my favorite things about Infinite Flight!

5 Likes

I would say its hard at first. For me, it was at least. When I downloaded the sim, I had to practice alot in casual server, worked my way up to training server, and finally became an expert and enjoying my time on expert server. It’s a process, but people will become experts at flying on IF in a matter of time. Some people may already know everything and be experts immediately once they start playing maybe because of past mobile flight sim experience and others will start off slow, but as long as they practice they will become a professional on IF

1 Like

Yes! ill say in My Opinion that people who Downloads the game is Because they have a good General Knowledge on Aviation and even a Passion.
Its A Game Simulator and for beginners with no Knowledge on Aviation might be boring or you might learn how to get around the game and even fly around after crashing a few time but, Time to Understand the Deep World of Air Navigation ATC interactions, Thats another Thing.
Great Topic!

1 Like

if you like aviation you’ll catch on fully within weeks or less

It depends in the sense of realism its Difficulty ,but if your going to be on casual server its pretty easy.