Infinite flight crashes.

Also it shouldn’t have been an app uptime Issue I had just restarted and only had flown from MCI

Also I forgot to mention it is constantly resetting my keyboard controls

Consider clearing your RAM, reboot your device each day. That’s about all I can think of.

Appreciate the attempt, both suggestions done 2x daily as had been previously suggested when I initially brought this problem to the forum.

1 Like

What settings do you have enabled? Can you send screenshots of your Infinite Flight settings perhaps?

Screenshot_2018-01-21-02-48-01-717
Screenshot_2018-01-21-02-48-22-178
Screenshot_2018-01-21-02-48-28-076
Screenshot_2018-01-21-02-48-33-957

You have Interface Timeout set to “Never” so the Interface is constantly being used even when you sont need to, Suggest Hiding airplane names and dots, as when you get near other aircraft you can crash. Do you always have your screen brightness high? And are you always flying in the “noon” time? Little things like these could put some stress on your device, especially on long hauls.

I only had interface enabled because gf is learning so answer to that is rarely
Flying time is varied again gf is learning she wanted daytime I usually use current
Hiding other aircraft or when at busy airports runs smoothly
Screen brightness is usually low as I cast to my tv most times.

Do you do short haul or long haul flights?

I mix it up I just got back to expert and have been trying to perfect hand flying. Literally the only time it crashes is if I attempt to spin camera around or in the most recent instance was in Virtual Cockpit Cam, had double tapped to recenter/rezoom view and it crashed

Try to turn down the graphics to medium.

I’m not refuting your advice I’m just going to tell you that no matter what setting it is on it does it I realize that’s an easy answer to assume that but like I said this isn’t my first visit to the forum with this issue and I can assure you it is not my device this is a problem with the app and I would like it to be addressed by the Developers

2 Likes

It’s still also does not explain why my keyboard controls are never saved and I have to constantly put them back in every single time so clearly it’s not an issue with my device

Could you provide a video of this?

If it was a problem with the app, it would be something that more people would have an issue with correct?

So you’re in mid flight and the app crashes or does it crash at startup? Even though I haven’t seen more people with this issue, there might be.

2 Likes

Hi Douglas,

Sorry to hear you experiencing some issues. Thank you for contacting support! We are here to help you have the best experience possible and ask that review the information below to better troubleshoot your experienced lag and crashes. Below are some basic steps taken that may help resolve the issue:

• Keep as much unused internal device memory (RAM) available. 1GB is the recommended amount
  • Android: Change device display resolution
    • Settings > Display > Display size to Large, Larger or Largest.
      • Some devices will offer to change Display Resolution instead, set that to the smallest possible.
    • Ensure Text to Speech (TTS) is enabled
  • Disable active ad or message blocking apps
  • Don’t modify, “Root”, or “Jailbreak” your device
  • Use a strong WiFi network within a relatively close proximity to your device
  • Lower Infinite Flight graphics and performance settings
    • Set Rendering Resolution to Low
    • Set Rendering Quality to Low
    • Disable Anti Aliasing

For in-flight performance issues, please refer to these helpful tips:

If you try everything above and still have trouble, check to make sure you have the latest firmware update available for your device installed. Lastly, we recommend you delete the app, restart device power, then sign into the same account used to purchase the app originally to reinstall.

For further assistance please respond with detailed information about your device, operating system, scenarios to reproduce the lag, and any applicable screenshot.

It looks like our helpful community members have already started the troubleshooting process but let’s try to figure this out. If you’re saying that this happens every time you’re reproducing an issue, an issue that is obviously causing you frustration. This is where you can help. A video/screen recording of the issue when it occurs and the steps to reproduce it.

• Is it aircraft/airport specific?
  • Is your device jailbroken, rooted, or modified in any sort or fashion?

In regards to your “hours being lost” don’t be alarmed as they are not. The “Logbook” on the main screen is a log of the flights you completed from the time you downloaded the app. What does this mean? Each time you delete/reinstall Infinite Flight, the logbook resets, but the stats on your account do not. See the attached images from my account for further clarification.

Logbook says I have 587hrs since I reinstalled the app

Account says I have 2300hrs on the account since first creating it

Again, your hours, landings, XP are all saved to your account regardless if you delete the app 1,000 times.

Looking forward to hearing back. I know you did most of the steps as outlined earlier on in this reply, but I’m covering all bases. And again, if you can assist in finding how to cause the crash that’ll be greatly appreciated so that information can be shared with the developers. Thank you and have a wonderful day! 🙂

6 Likes

I understand your frustrations, hopefully a solution is found for you.

Your device should be more than capable of handling the sim.

You mentioned twice your losing your keyboard controls, are you using a joystick setup at all? Or a tablet keyboard connected. If so have tried flying without the keyboard?
Could be a firmware issue with the connected device?

Usually fly without keyboard it’s just nice for flying videos I’m just gonna deal with the issue by getting new device (I’m atypically a Samsung loyalist just thought this was a deal but it’s ruining my sim exp.) It’s sad also I had gotten the Logitech 3d extreme pro joystick and this tablet didn’t recognize it or even detect it after trying 3 usb otg’s so maybe it’s just a product of the ol adage “you get what ya pay for” which I’m usually adamant about.

Thanks @DeerCrusher, I’ve seen you flying about hope to join up with ya. As I stated below as well it’s a cheap android device I am despite my earlier denials beginning to relegate to the fact, as I said (previous post) “you get what you pay for”, so that being said… come Friday (payday) back to Samsung Galaxy Tablets for yours truly. If at any time to any of the users who offered up assistance did I come off well to be frank like a d***head, I am truly sorry, as fellow SIM pilots I am more than sure that all of you could relate to my frustrations. Again thank you so very much to each and every one of you, my apologies and most importantly C’MON FRIDAY!

@RealAviation1974 Mid-flight BTW and it always crashes when I adjust camera angles. It can be as simplistic as double clicking (tapping in my case) to recenter the view in Virtual Cockpit, or rotating the view around the plane in chase view. I mention those two specifically because those are the most frequent cause of the app to crash.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.