Infinite Flight crashes on startup

Android version: 6.0.1
Chipset: snapdragon 810 msm8994
Device: Sony Xperia Z5 E6653
I’m running my own custom ROM and no matter what I do, full stock ROM or what I cannot get the game to load on my device. I’d be happy to get an ADB logcat if you guys need it.

Cheers and hope you guys can help me out

3 Likes

Is your device Rooted or Jailbroken?

1 Like

It’s rooted
But root shouldn’t affect anything because it’s just an additional binary that infinite flight doesn’t touch

1 Like

Rooted or Jailbroken devices are not supported.

4 Likes

Even when it’s not rooted, infinite flight fails to launch

1 Like

How do you know that?

1 Like

Because I tested it

And also, I am a custom ROM developer and I know that root will not affect functionality unless rogue root apps are installed(which I have none of)

1 Like

How can you prove this?? Did you have Infinite Flight before you rooted it??

Yeah I do, and I tested it . Plus, as I said, root will not affect functionality unless rogue root apps are installed

1 Like

Yes it will affect Laura and other Devs have mentioned this before

Well, as I said, rooted or unrooted my infinite flight still won’t launch

Anyway, how will it affect functionality, I never modified any dex2oat , art or anything of that sort.

1 Like

I’m not great at all this stuff but even if you unroot our device it’s still there

Nope, I develop custom Roms, and I know what I’m doing, I’m well aware of what SuperSU is doing and how root affects my phone.
And I can confidently say that rooted devices , without the Xposed framework will not differ in functionality .

And after (safely) cleaning up and removing SuperSU, there will be no traces of root.

1 Like

Okay sorry :)

Don’t have a clue then

The only thing I know that affects functionality are apps that use safety net, like pokemon go.

They will scan and detect if a device is rooted and if it returns true, it won’t allow the device to use the app’s full functionality but I highly doubt IF uses this(unless someone can correct me)

1 Like

Funnily enough this happens to my very vanilla Samsung Galaxy s6 as well. Many times. Usually occurs when I leave mid-game, come back a short while later, when I reopen the app it freezes and then crashes twice.

1 Like

Try launching with the device in portrait orientation (auto rotate on).Then once it has got past the initial boot screen (IF Logo Screen) turn the device to a landscape orientation and use the app

I have noticed on my Nvidia Shield K1 running Android 6.0 that the app does occasionally crash when booting in a landscape orientation.

@ArianeAviation - I take it your s6 is on droid 6.0+ give this a try also

There’s a common sense rule for you: "If you don’t know what you’re talking about, don’t talk at all!"
Just doesn’t help.

1 Like

I was going to ask about your processor, but it’s really not bad. Check background processes and settings. Apart from that, I’d have to say it’s to do with your custom ROM. What does it change from the original?
And possibly it could affect the original if you revert to it…