Infinite Flight crashed

My fault small typo. So you tuned NAV 1 when you were far out?

Yea, kinda (?). But was still on GPS

Gotcha. I understand. You were able to essentially have it locked in as NAV 1 but had GPS selected as your source. Before the crash was it able to tune into the ILS for the runway? Also if you remember how far out were you from the actually from the airport itself when you had the ILS selected for NAV 1?

Well… it never got to tune into the ILS cus the app crashed the moment I clicked to select for NAV1.

I don’t really remember, but I was still in Canada…about 2h away from Orlando, KMCO

Ok I think I know what happened or have an educated guess. Since you were out of range to tune NAV 1 for the runway it may of selected for a quick second (not even a second) which prob is a bug and since it’s not programmed to be tuned out from that far out it resulted in an app crash. It should of came up with an ILS is too far out to tune message so this is probably a bug. It also may of just been a straight up bug where you selected it and the app didn’t know what to do so it shut down on you. Hoping staff take a look at this and can give you more info on this as it is a strange case.

1 Like

Interesting… I’ve tuned NAV1 quite early many times before, never had the problem. (After the update with 772 got released) Before that, there was always a message that said ils too far to tune into.
Thanks for the help though!

Hmm that also may of been a missed thing during testing for 20.1. There should always be a message saying that the NAV 1 selected is out of range. It’s probably only designed to cater people in range and isn’t fully designed to cater those extremely far out so that’s why you may of had the crash since it probably isn’t fully supported for people far out. Hopefully they can log the issue internally about being able to tune NAV 1 from outside the originally designed range. My advise to you to avoid this is to tune all NAV 1 runways and VORs about at most 27 nautical miles away from them.

1 Like

Wilco! I’ll be sure to remember that! Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like

NAV selection should not cause an issue like this. But there are a few exceptions to every rule ;)
What is your current callsign and display name @Millard_Lee? I could check the crash logs and see if there’s anything standing out.

1 Like

Callsign: JSV001
Display name: M1llard

1 Like

Okay, i can find 2 crash reports from your device that came in July 20th & August 6th. Both relates to tuning in a NAV. But those are the only hard crashes I’m seeing for the past 30 days.

The other crashes are most likely related to lack of resources available causing iOS to shut down the app. They have become rather aggressive there as of late which is something we’re constantly trying to improve on, making them shut us down a lil’ less.

1 Like

The best thing to do when taking overnights or long haules, is to always put your graphic settings on the lowest possible, turn your brightness all the way down, put on low power mode, and turn your volume all the way down. These are the best ways to save battery, they also save your phone from overheating and unexpectedly quitting apps. Unfortunately, this has been addressed by the infinite flight team many times before, and it’s something that it’s really hard for them to fix.

Battery has nothing to do with this though. It’s not what is causing the crashes.

Actually, best thing is to simply restart the device before any long flight. I always do that, never crashes ;)

3 Likes

What device do you play on @schyllberg

yea. Thank you for your help anyways!! Much appreciated!

A vast number of iOS devices primarily. Models that became available between 2016 - 2019.

1 Like

You have that many iPhones?!

He is a staff member and probably tests stuff on a lot of devices. @Millard_Lee

I have 3-4 iPhones and 2 iPads at my disposal.
And no, not all are mine. I do have a wife & 2 kids and steal their stuff sometimes ;)

4 Likes