Infinite Flight crashed 3 times

Device: iPhone 11
Operating system: ios16.11
My Infinite Flight crashed 3 times in three days. I was flying from VHHH to KJFK, and WSSS to KJFK. I flew about 10 hours and the game just crashed…I don’t know how can I fix this. Anyone can help me?

3 Likes

This is probably because you are using a phone there is really no way to fix it, I have the same issue, but I don’t really do Ultra Long Hauls or Long Hauls that often but when I do it happens a lot. All I can suggest is either deal with it or get an iPad because they are much more designed for gaming and are more heavy duty than phones due to them being bigger than a phone giving it more space for better cooling and better components.

1 Like

What graphics settings were you using? Any background apps?

1 Like

I have a fan that keep my phone in lower temperature

1 Like

If you’re at the point of a fan, perhaps lower the graphics settings. Those may be too much

1 Like

Seems like you are having trouble flying into big airports. Try reducing your ‘3D object density’ count in the graphics sections

1 Like

It’s not from the phone overheating it’s the internal components not being designed to play decently high demanding games for long periods of time

1 Like

Hey, I also play Infinite Flight on an iPhone 11.

I would suggest trying the following:

• Make sure your device has enough space to run Infinite Flight smoothly.
  • Lower your Infinite Flight graphics settings as much as possible (Especially on long sessions)
  • Delete any unneeded replays that might be overloading your device unnecessarily.
  • Clear Scenery Cache on Infinite Flight settings > General
  • Final and most important It’s recommended to restart your device before every flight to have a smoother session.

Additionally, I would recommend taking a look at the Performance section of the manual for some extra tips.

What I do when I am doing these durations of flights (Particularly >6 hours) is that I look at something that is less powerful to render, like the captain’s seat, which loads a lot less scenery/ rendering than looking out the window and having to load all of the textures and other scenery, especially on med-high graphics. I would try this and turn down textures/ graphics and see if this. Hopefully this resolves the crashing issue :)

1 Like

The app just crashed after a 23 HOURS FLIGHT between VHHH-RPLL-SBGL, as I was holding short the runway at SBGL for the last leg to SBGR.

I always do what is recommended here - keeping graphics low, deleting replays, etc. - but losing the record of that (was my longest flight on IF) is very frustrating.

2 Likes

I just did a 20 min flight into LAX with very appropriate settings, 30fps, and the app crashed after landing… honestly, I’m getting so frustrated with this sim because I love it so much but definitely haven’t been playing it as much due to the frequent app crashes.

Device: iPad 8th Gen 128Gb - only thing I use it for is IF.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.