Infinite Flight Community Mixtape Released!

For the past 4 months I’ve been working on a side project with the regulars here, an Infinite Flight Community Mixtape.

I started to get interested in DJing a few months ago, last December from what I can recall, and used a little app on my iPad simply for fun. Over time I got more interested in DJing and in March I brought up the idea in the Lounge to create a community mixtape, where members from the community drop their song requests in and I mix them together to make an hour long set. Well, little did I realize that at that time, it would be nearly impossible to create an hour long mix on an iPad app, so as my interest in DJing grew, so did my desire to invest in my own equipment. Last week, after months of saving, I dropped one grand on a Pioneer DJ controller and brought the Community Mixtape project back to life.

With dozens of song requests over the months ranging from rock, to pop, to rap, dubstep, and everything in between I finally finished up this project a few hours ago and I’m excited to share it with the community. I apologize in advance if some of the songs you requested are not in the mix. Since this is the first mix I’ve ever created, and I’m just starting to get familiar with DJing, some songs did not fit in with the upbeat vibes I was trying to keep throughout the mix. Rest assured, as I get better and learn more as a DJ I will make a mix full of the requested songs I didn’t use and share it personally in the Lounge.

Over the span of this project, I’ve learned so much as a DJ but still have lots of room to improve. However, during my time working on the mix, the music industry lost a huge icon, Chester Bennington. I decided to dedicate this mix to Chester, from Linkin Park, who inspired so many people and was known to be one of the greatest American rock/punk vocalists from the 90s & 2000s. I closed the mix with a mashup of one of his songs he sang, Somewhere I Belong.

So here it is, the final version of the community’s first annual mixtape.

Infinite Flight Mixtape

Tracklist
  • Intro “How Many Licks?”
  • Guns & Roses - Sweet Child O’ Mine
    w/ Galantis - Runaway (Acapella)
  • Martin Garrix - In the Name of Love (ID Remix)
  • Yeah Yeah Yeahs x A-Trak - Heads Will Roll (Disco Tech Remix)
  • Galantis vs ZAXX - Better Off Alone With You
  • Goblins from Mars - Project Unicycle (Original Mix)
  • Icona Pop - I Love It (ID Remix)
  • Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)
  • Clean Bandit - Symphony ft. Zara Larsson (Aaron Kennedy Remix)
  • LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem
    w/ Jauz & Ephwurd - Rock The Party
  • The Chainsmokers - Closer (ID Remix)
  • Sam Feldt & Hook N Sling - Open Your Eyes (Club Mix)
  • Adele - Water Under The Bridge (ID Remix)
  • DJ Snake - Let Me Love You (Aaron Marz Remix)
  • Wax Motif - Krush Groove
  • Lukas Graham - 7 Years (Night Moves Remix)
  • Justin Timberlake - Can’t Stop The Feeling (Pnut & Jelly Remix)
  • Twenty One Pilots - Stressed Out (Dave Winnel Remix)
  • Kygo & Selena Gomez - It Aint Me (Stisema Remix)
  • Martin Garrix - Animals (Deadmau5 Old McDonald’s Edit)
  • Jon Bellion - All Time Low (BOXINLION Remix)
  • AC/DC - Back In Black
    w/ Queen - We Will Rock You (Acappella)
    w/ Led Zeppelin - Black Dog (Acappella)
  • Twenty One Pilots - Heathens (BOXINBOX & LIONSIZE Remix)
  • Hunger - Amused
  • Arctic Monkeys - Do I Wanna Know?
  • Marvin Gaye - Sexual Healing (Kygo Remix)
  • Mike Posner - I Took A Pill In Ibiza (Seeb Remix) (Chris Leipelt Edit)
  • Clean Bandit - Rockabye ft. Sean Paul & Anne-Marie
    w/ Clean Bandit - Rockabye ft. Sean Paul & Anne-Marie (SHAKED Trap Remix)
  • Mura Masa - Lovesick (feat. A$AP Rocky) [Four Tet Remix]
  • Zedd & Alessia Cara - Stay (Tritonal Remix)
  • Kygo feat. Maty Noyes - Stay (Fabietto Cataneo Remix)
  • Kygo & Ellie Goulding - First Time (Gryffin Remix)
  • The Chainsmokers - Don’t Let Me Down (ID Remix)
  • Mother Mother - Free
  • The Chainsmokers ft. Phoebe Ryan - All We Know
    w/ The Chainsmokers - All We Know (Subsurface Remix)
  • Sigma - Nobody to Love
    w/ Skrillex & Diplo - Mind
    w/ Drake - Back to Back
  • Jai Wolf - Indian Summer
  • Griffin & Bipolar Sunshine - Whole Heart
  • Khalid - Location (Tha Boogie Bandit Remix)
  • Skrillex & Poo Bear - Would Ü Ever (TWO OWLS Remix)
  • Blackbear - Wanderlust (WILDLYF Remix)
  • Darude - Sandstorm
    w/ Lookas - Can’t Get Enough
  • Skrillex - ID
  • Baby Bash - Suga Suga
    w/ RL Grime - Core
  • Zeds Dead feat. GG Magree - Frontlines (KLAXX Remix)
  • Maroon 5 feat. Kendrick Lamar - Dont Wanna Know (ID Remix)
  • The Chainsmokers - Don’t Let Me Down
    w/ Linkin Park - Somewhere I Belong (Acappella)
Mixes

The track list will be released once the video hits 250 views. Mix will be available for download at 500 views.

Note: The mix does contain some (but very minimal) explicit language. Even though the mixtape is fire, I’d recommend not blasting this at your grandma’s house unless she’s cool with it.

I plan on making a community mix once a year, where regulars can request songs for the mix and I’ll add them in. I also plan to create seasonal mixes focusing on a different genre each season. This summer’s theme will be deep house with some bass house mixed in. For fall, I’ll be releasing a Christmas themed mixtape. The following season’s themes will be announced later.

I hope you all enjoy the mix as much as I did creating it. Let me know how you like it or how I can improve in my future mixes. Until next year’s community mix… dj wipeout is out ✌️

73 Likes

Yes! This is here! I have been waiting - but I think it’s been worth it

This’ll be great for Global Flights

7 Likes

I hope you enjoy! I spent so much time and money on this project, and even though there’s lots of room for improvement, for my first ever mix it’s not too bad :)

5 Likes

Dude don’t burn me with that fire. Not cool.

7 Likes

im only at 1:03 and im hooked.

8 Likes

That’s great! I tried to keep the first 10-20 minutes of it at 128 BPM (upbeat house/dance genre) to keep everyone engaged. Then slowed it down towards the middle with a little bit of rock and pop. Then closed it out with some dubstep 😈

3 Likes

Oh my god thank you so much Chris. I was wondering where it was as I remember sticking a few songs in quite a long time ago back when I had my title. This is great.

4 Likes

Also forgot to mention, I sneaked in one or two unreleased & leaked tracks just for you guys in here, so when you hear them on the radio or at a concert one day just know you heard them from Chris Leipelt first 😎

10 Likes

Haha lol,

This is great! Can’t stop listening

3 Likes

Wow this is great! Such talent, great mix going on. Love it!

4 Likes

Great work @cleipelt currently listening now. Sounds like a lot of work was put into it, great mix!

3 Likes

Nice work Chris @cleipelt Mixtape is lookin fire so far!

3 Likes

Thanks Thomas! Almost want to say it was too much work, but I enjoyed creating it so I can’t say that 😝

5 Likes

Oh wow… you even mixed Old McDonald had a farm in there aha

2 Likes

looks like @LouDon has competition

3 Likes

This is so awesome! I’m 5 minutes in and I love it. Time to fly now with this mix, thank you!

4 Likes

I think it’s so cool how you manage to mix two of your hobbies like this.
Well done my man.
Long track though, wow…

4 Likes

Really strange to see the Infinite Flight logo on my iDrive. This is a fantastic mix!
IMG_0071

Thanks for helping my journey back home so much fun. Great listen!

No competition here, this is fantastic! Well done @cleipelt

20 Likes

Haha yeah, I specifically put that in there for @dush19.

5 Likes

Yeah this was a long one. Tried to go for an hour mix since there were so many requested songs. Seasonal mixes will only be 30 minutes maximum.

I even mentioned in the lounge… trying to mix for an hour straight without messing up was really hard… but then uploading the 700MB .mp3 file to SoundCloud was even harder since my wi-if was so bad lol.

4 Likes